Author Topic: some ideas to rejjeto  (Read 11383 times)

Offline GoldDesign

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
some ideas to rejjeto
« on: July 19, 2003, 12:55:27 AM »
Hello!!! Using &rq for half a year but in forum only two days. As I see you are busy and &rq is free projest just for fun as you sad. Of course it's not good that there is not file transfer, but it's not really big problem. There are two many other ways to transfer files. But I think some more futeres, that I think won't get much time, you can add:

1. So first, I just started to make theme and founded that program doesn't support gif... I think that this feature won't get much time, but it really usefull: many smiles in internet are in gif and there is no need to remaanke file format. And of course with gif support animation will be enabled! Today I founded that &rq supports bmp but it doesn't helps. Animation as I know is only supported in gif.

2. So second my idea is about making sounded smiles, when program in chat change text to a smile... it's can be sounded... I tried a lot to do, but as I see no use 8-( so actually... so if you think it won't get much time, it will be cool to see this feature in next versions!

3. Third idea is about Searching UIN If there will be a field where we can type just 1 interest it will be cool too! Just field for 1 interest with no other menus.

As i remember these all that I wanted to talk... just write comments what do you thunk about all these...

Good bye! &rq forever! icq must die! B)
 GoldDesign *

fikys

some ideas to rejjeto
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2003, 04:15:16 AM »
icq must die!

If ICQ dies there will be no need in &rq :(

Offline GoldDesign

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
some ideas to rejjeto
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2003, 07:13:34 AM »
Quote from: "fikys"
icq must die!

If ICQ dies there will be no need in &rq :(

I really just think about it... hm... may be I should remove this signature...
 GoldDesign *

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
some ideas to rejjeto
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2003, 10:10:54 AM »
1. it is quite easy to convert from gif to png, there are many freeware converters.
it is not so easy to support animation. to be able to read gif does not mean to be able to display animations.
animations support is in to-do list, but it is not very easy to do, so i don't know when i will work on it.

2. receiving a message should "sound" the smile ? and what if we get more smiles?

3. ok

Anonymous

some ideas to rejjeto
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2003, 10:50:56 AM »
Quote from: "rejetto"
1. it is quite easy to convert from gif to png, there are many freeware converters.
it is not so easy to support animation. to be able to read gif does not mean to be able to display animations.
animations support is in to-do list, but it is not very easy to do, so i don't know when i will work on it.

2. receiving a message should "sound" the smile ? and what if we get more smiles?

3. ok

1. Yes of course it's easy to do, and I made it. But png doesn't support animation.

2. May be I haven't Understand smth... or you.... for example we've got 10 smiles: each of them is sounded: LOL is a joke sound, cry is a cry sound and so one... not all smiles shouldn't be sounded.... but the idea for every smile make sound.

Offline GoldDesign

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
some ideas to rejjeto
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2003, 10:53:46 AM »
yep.... i forgotted to log in... this answer was mine.....
 GoldDesign *

Offline alkimiya

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
some ideas to rejjeto
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2003, 11:14:48 AM »
sounds are boring, I only use it with the announcer plugin when certain people sign in.. the whole "kuku kuku" thing that icq users seem to adore is sick sick sick

Offline BruteHost

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
some ideas to rejjeto
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2003, 02:23:47 PM »
alkimiya is right, sounds are boring.
i never use sounds - because there are too many programs
that are using sounds on my PC (WinAMP, TheBat!, Opera, AVP etc.).

i like a silence. :)
I prefer Linux OS for develpment and server tasks.
How about you? :)

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
some ideas to rejjeto
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2003, 03:49:36 PM »
1. yes, that was explained in the second sentence of the first reply :)

2. i think you did not understand: when you get a message with 3 smiles and 3 of them have a sound, should it play 3 sounds ? i think people would get crazy.

Offline alkimiya

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
some ideas to rejjeto
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2003, 03:55:25 PM »
oh, I know.. play the sounds repeatedly until you quit &rq.. make sure the volume is at 200% as well.. all that laughter and giggling can only be positive  :roll:

Offline GoldDesign

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
some ideas to rejjeto
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2003, 05:33:45 AM »
hm... really I never use it, but when I saw it it was cool! yep now I've understood rejetto and I really don't think about many smiles and many sounds...

hm but still you can turn of sounds of smiles every time you want  :roll:
 GoldDesign *

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
some ideas to rejjeto
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2003, 01:54:28 PM »
where did you see it?

Offline GoldDesign

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
some ideas to rejjeto
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2003, 02:00:17 AM »
Quote from: "rejetto"
where did you see it?

I saw it in the Trilian at my friend, but there was an interesting skin... as I remember it was done by russians and it's length is 5 mb! There was for about 80 smiles (many of them were animated...) and for about 40 sounds... actually in this skin I took idea of animated smiles (it's difficult to type many smiles, smiles that has a sound you type only by mous)...

Of course there is a big problem with it... if user doesn't have it he will read text only :-( and as I remember, ":-)" doesn't has a sound, but when you type "LOL" there was an animated face with LOL sound!
 GoldDesign *

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
some ideas to rejjeto
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2003, 10:17:38 AM »
i must admit i don't like such fireworks
animated smiles will come, but i don't know when

Offline GoldDesign

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
some ideas to rejjeto
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2003, 12:11:33 PM »
ok... let's forget about animated smiles... you don't like... really I don't know because never use it. but first was COOL!

more ideas, no I'm doing a new theme for &rq. So here are some ideas:

1. as i know &rq supports png-8, this format supportrs transperency, but there is png-24 wich is really better, but in &rq png-24 doesn't support transperency... may be I do smth wrong... may be not. Is it difficult to make png-24 transparency support in &rq?

2. it's connected with hotkeys... as I making different icons when I make evere change I look it at &rq, but I can't make a hotkey for action "reload current theme"
 GoldDesign *