rejetto forum

password problems

rejetto · 10 · 4058

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
did anyone meet wrong-password dialogs lately?
today i got several errors.
they disappears after a while, without changing the password at all.
is the icq server getting crazy?

Anonymous

Yep, i got the same dialogs too. It was strange, because when I started ICQ2Go I didn`t have any problems at all with the password, but &rq kept asking me for a password.

Offline alkimiya

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Yes, I had this problem today.. just after I tested DFM.. I was so sure my uin had been stolen! Then I tested with icq2go and it worked again. Probably just some temporal server trouble :)

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
yes, also from my tests it seems the problem was with &RQ only
i tested with sim-icq, and got no errors, so i decided to pass the same identical login packet.... byte-by-byte compared.... the problem was still there.

after some minutes the problem disappeared.

well... i will wait a couple of days to see what happens.

Anonymous

Well, today I got the same password problem as 2 days ago. Icq2Go & Icq 2003 & Miranda are working, but unfortunately &RQ is not. After a couple of minutes it disappears, but it is still annoying

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile

Offline BruteHost

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Advise from the russian &RQ's users:
when &RQ doesn't want to accept your pass try to enter in ICQ or other ICQ-clone and then login from &RQ.
Sometimes you can do it in the opposite direction.  :P
I prefer Linux OS for develpment and server tasks.
How about you? :)

Seitan

Today got this problem. - it disappeared, when i shut down &rq, and ran it again...

Offline alkimiya

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Someone ought to sniff icq 2003 when this occurs, see if there is some alternative authentication scheme which enables it to login. Perhaps this problem is with icqv7 or something. Anyone tested icq 2000?

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
it is weird, because we get the error just after the first packet, and i modified the first packet to be the same as the one of sim-icq.

i have on my system &RQ, icq2003 and sim-icq. i never got password error with sim-icq, so i made this experiment, but it seems i failed.
please, could someone test i'm sending same things as sim-icq.
only a 2byte (word) should change in the first packet, that is a random number (flap sequence number).