Author Topic: a problem about adding someone to the contact list  (Read 2687 times)

kaka

a problem about adding someone to the contact list
« on: August 30, 2004, 05:31:31 AM »
Although you don't have to ask authorization to add people to your list, i wonder if others know you have added them.

Between, when you are invisible to others and you check another's away message, will this action be informed to him so that he knows i am online?

Offline alkimiya

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Re: a problem about adding someone to the contact list
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2004, 05:54:53 AM »
Quote from: "kaka"
Although you don't have to ask authorization to add people to your list, i wonder if others know you have added them.

It depends if you have "send i added you" option checked in preferences->privacy & security. If not you can always use the send added-you from the menu anytime you like if you wish to notify.

Between, when you are invisible to others and you check another's away message, will this action be informed to him so that he knows i am online?

Probably, it depends on the client (the away message is sent by the client). Some web clients do not support away messages though and will not show you as online (I think).

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2004, 07:02:03 AM »
Thank you first but I've got another question.
I added a guy without notifying him and the strange thing is that he added me to his visible list. But there should be no way for him to know my UIN as i have never sent messages and notifications to him.

Viewing his info and automsgs don't reveal my UIN, do they?

Offline alkimiya

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2004, 08:18:16 AM »
Quote from: "Anonymous"
Viewing his info and automsgs don't reveal my UIN, do they?

Info, no. Automsgs, depending on what client he uses, &RQ does, Miranda as well with "who reads my automsg plugin" and probably many other clones, not the official client though.