rejetto forum

Additions

Guest · 7 · 3629

Emp

First thing, This ICQ client is really one of the best (if not the best) I've ever sen before.
Really...Nice gui, easy to use, a lot of features and functions, unique options and more.
I thought about some things you can add/improve in it:

1) Add some things to the Away parameters, such as: How many msg's are from the specific person, maybe some away reasons that you can add as parameters like %afk%=Away From Keyboard...etc.

2) Download Contact list from server.

3) Smilies? Except the feature that you write the smile and it will automatically make it a smiling face or smtn...i want all of the similies available. Maybe I did'nt see that options yet, if so please direct me.

4) SMS, Pagers, WWW ?

5) See invisible ppl? (I got a nice idea how to do that quite easily).

That's it I think.

well...good luck  :D

UIN:677767

Emp

Ohh...I forgot...Auto msg as well.
Like if someone wrote you something to answer automitically with a msg.

Offline zippo

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Quote from: "Emp"

5) See invisible ppl? (I got a nice idea how to do that quite easily).

How?

:?:

Offline Melkor

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Support of server-side contact lists would be great and is by far the most important feature i really miss in &RQ.

Offline zippo

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Quote from: "Melkor"
Support of server-side contact lists would be great and is by far the most important feature i really miss in &RQ.

This is a very well known subject.
There's no need to talk about it anymore, we just have to wait!  :D

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
thanks for your nice words

1. how many msgs? it is not so trivial to do, but if you are really interested in that i could do it. what's the use for %afk%  :?:

2. it could take long before you get this

3. you have several options. you can simply install a theme with more emoticons. if you want to keep your current theme and get more emoticons, you can
3.A. edit your current theme: search for the [smiles] section (it is often kept in a smiles.ini file). just use notepad.
3.B. personalize the theme, you can do this by opening preferences :arrow: theme editor. Let's say you want to add :--) and :---) emoticons, and you got them in a picture file called longnose.png, then you just use this syntax

Code: [Select]
[smiles]
longnose.png
:--)
:---)

i prefer solution B
please note that
3.B.a. you should keep the longonse.png in your &RQ user folder, or you can simply specify the full path to the file
3.B.b. you can learn more about the syntax taking a look at the file pics.ini
3.B.c. only bmp and png files are currently supported (png is preferred)

4. sms will come (don't aske me why). what about pagers and www?

5. enable log packets on window from preferences, then write a message to an offline contact. if you get a server ack msg in a short while, then it is really offline. if you don't get that server ack msg, he/she is online but invisible to you.

6. don't you like automsgs ?