Author Topic: Japanese support  (Read 2896 times)

Idziwaru

Japanese support
« on: January 01, 2003, 10:40:09 PM »
If it is very difficult to make the Japanese support?
Please, it would be great! But now I need constantly swith between ICQ and &RQ - it's not handly
hope to understand...
thank you, in advance

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Japanese support
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2003, 02:55:27 PM »
i don't know what you need for japanese
you should try to describe your problems

Idziwaru

Japanese support
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2003, 12:02:16 PM »
i would like to be able to write in japanese in &rq....  at least one of japanese  code pages... windows has japanese support and in such applications like MS Office i can type hieroglyphs and "kana" "(japanese alphabet)(japanese has mixed writing style - hieroglyphs and alphabets syllables)... in silly ICQ can type the same too...
there is a special typing method to input japanese words in japanese (not by latin transcription) - while the word is been typing computer selects hieroglyphs combination and i can select it too untill press "enter" but after "enter" i can only to delete typed word...
and i can see japanese letters ("kana" and hieroglyphs) only untill pressing "enter", after that i can see just a "??? ???????? ?? ?????? ??" and so on....
(it's in my dialog window, untill sending)
why?

and one more problem... it happens that i'm talking with somebody who is off-line about few munites already, but i see his on-line status and all my messages is sending silently and without any reply.... and a few minuter later i finally find out that all what i had sent is hopelessly missing....
why?

Anonymous

Japanese support
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2003, 03:35:52 PM »
i think you need unicode support? although i dont really know if &rq supports it in its messages, but it should be enough?

zippo

Japanese support
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2003, 12:46:18 PM »
Quote from: "Idziwaru"
i can see japanese letters ("kana" and hieroglyphs) only untill pressing "enter", after that i can see just a "??? ???????? ?? ?????? ??"

I don't write in japanese, but I have the same problem... :sick:

Sometimes I like tu use "special" characters to make smiles, like this: ¦-)
(closed eyes, smiling)
...and when I send a message with those characters, they appear as "?"

I think Unicode support would help. :^^: