rejetto forum

version 2.4

rejetto · 397 · 65276

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
i don't understand what you mean by "validation data", and how people can benefit from removing the "speed limit" option.

Please consider my english is not good as yours.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2020, 09:46:05 AM by rejetto »

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
a preview of the next "no jquery" default tpl.
The final goal is to let other tpl easily use the new login system, but I still have to finalize that.

Offline danny

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
i don't understand what you mean by "validation data", and how people can benefit from removing the "speed limit" option.
The 2 speed limit and 2 connections limit cause extra work for the server and sometimes cause faults.   
So, the expectation that these settings would help, is too-different from their actual functionality (more stuck/dos).

Alternative instead of removing:  Could do just one sort of limit (if speed limit then no other limit, if connections limit then no other limit). 

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
i don't see how the speed limit can cause faults. Can you tell?
The extra work is good work for those who need the feature.

Offline danny

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
a preview of the next "no jquery" default tpl.
Just 2 things:  archive is unlimited and the per-file menu has some undefined
For archive limit, I suggest, no archive at root, no archive if current folder is already 4gb, no archive if more than 1 download, no archive if more than 0 upload.  That isn't enough, but it is better.  Could add a 'manual' validation with the pop-up message stating that it could take a while to get a .tar file (most users will click 'cancel' at that point because they don't want .tar file anyway). 

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Just 2 things:  archive is unlimited and the per-file menu has some undefined

wow, what a bad quality pre-release :D i'm always on a rush because of job :( trying again with this new attachment

For archive limit, I suggest, no archive at root, no archive if current folder is already 4gb, no archive if more than 1 download, no archive if more than 0 upload.  That isn't enough, but it is better. 

i find these rules only apparently related to the problem

Could add a 'manual' validation with the pop-up message stating that it could take a while to get a .tar file (most users will click 'cancel' at that point because they don't want .tar file anyway). 

you may be right, let's try
« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 01:31:58 PM by rejetto »

Offline danny

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Archive message is good, but 'Cancel' button is missing.  So, the appearance is:  only choice is click ok? 
Also probably don't need archive at root (a curious person like me, might click it just to see what happens).
Idea!
I think that you could relocate the archive button to the "Selection" sub-menu (archive can be next to the move button); so, then we can archive only what is selected.  That would be good.

Search results text is a little hard to read but you could make the second line "in folder" with much smaller print for that folder information.  Currently, only a few filenames (and clock and folder information, etc...) fit on search results screen.  If long folder names, I can see 5 files per screenfull.  There was much scrolling.  The hard to read was because the extra/folder information is the same size and color as the filename.  It would be best if filenames don't share theme with other/extra content; and, it would be good if else is smaller so that comparatively larger filenames are easiest to see, and perhaps 10 or more fit on screen.   

Feature request:  DJ's original mp3 shuffle player, as featured in RJ-mobile-blue template (plus even more goodies).  With a few minor enhancements/updates:  Would be good if the shuffle-player script doesn't load until Menu Play Button is clicked (script ondemand concept), and plays the current folder with its usual competent shuffle player functionality, except if file-icon (not file-name) is clicked, which begins list-play at the requested file. Throwback template does it. 
Cost of omission is:  default template doesn't rock. 
Feature request is:  correct that lack--make it rock.