rejetto forum

Request: Add Folder Icons From Folder.ico File

Offline Nighted

• Occasional poster
  • Meat Popsicle
    • View Profile
It would be nice if HFS would show custom icons for folders by checking the folder for a hidden icon file. Maybe an option to set name of the .ico file to look for or just use any icon file with the hidden attribute set (or just have HFS check the path in the desktop.ini). I would prefer "Folder.ico", much like album cover applications look for "Folder.jpg".

Also, if you could please add "Folder" to the Icon Masks so the default folder icon can be modified just as easily as mime types.

As you can see in the attachment, the plain blue folders are default system icons. The ones with the check and cone are custom folders using hidden icons hidden in each directory (thus to keep them portable). This is important as each icon represents the status of those folders, either complete or in progress for example.

Thanks for the amazing program and your many hundreds of hours of work.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: January 03, 2007, 05:54:32 PM by Nighted »

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
ok, the feature may be something like this:
by default, HFS doesn't use any folder image file
you can enter a file mask for valid folder image files (example: folder.jpg ... but also folder.*) and when a file such that INSIDE the folder itself, then it is used in place of the default picture (that is ~img_folder).
is it ok this way?

i didn't understand the thing about icon masks.

Offline Nighted

• Occasional poster
  • Meat Popsicle
    • View Profile
About icon masks: In HFS under Menu > Virtual File System > Icon Masks... you can enter file extensions (mime types). There is no way to set a mask for a default folder icon. That's what I was referring to. If you could set a default folder icon, then when there is a "folder.ico" file in a folder, then that is used in place of the default.

I hope this is much clearer.

Thank you for the reply.