Software > &RQ

&RQ.NET Planning Thread

(1/7) > >>

alkimiya:
I thought it could be useful to coordinate development in this forum, for instance we could have a list of features to be implemented and by whom. It will be a while before any working version is available, nevertheless feel free to add your wishes in this thread.

This first post will consist of status of current plans and will be edited by me when due.

First.. I would like to know, what parts should &RQ consist of. I can think of a few myself.. but they're open for debate. It's good to divide code into different assemblies, for instance one dll for icq protocol, another maybe for themes management and so on..

List of assemblies:
1. Core functionality, helper functions, plugin management etc.
2. Instant messaging protocols (one per protocol preferable)
2a. ICQ
2b. MSN
2c. AIM
2d. IRC
2e. ...
3. Graphical interface
3a. Contact List
3b. Chat Window
3c. Preferences Window
3d. ...
4. Import/Export (import from old &RQ, Miranda, ICQ, export to text)
5. History management, statistics etc.
6. ...

Tasks:
1. Planning (active)
2. ...

Links to good resources:
(icq related)
ICQv8 Protocol
OSCAR Protocol

(c#/.net related)
Visual C# Developer Center
.NET Framework Home
Mono
SharpDevelop

rejetto:
i want to say few things
- C# is likely to be the technology we will use for the new &RQ for several reasons
- i'm already designing classes
- i'm studying C#
- i'm using #develop, and it should be the preferred tool since it is free
- i'm a C# newby, and this is not a good thing. must be aware (and experienced) of tools the language offers you, to choose the right tools (ad i'm not talking about software tools...not only). i'm afraid i won't choose the right tools.
- it will be multi-protocol, and it will support non-IM protocols, like IRC
- the core development should involve ~2 developers
- shame on who asks about ETAs

Anonymous:
1) only lamers need lame irc build-in clients like dll shit in miranda (dont waste your time)
2) who needs another non icq shit ? i mean msn/yahoo (i can understand aim support as maximum)

ps: its wrong place to ask, i understand, but ru ppl (and me) wondered if someone can write an app to convert history from &RQ to miranda.

alkimiya:

--- Quote from: "Suicide" ---1) only lamers need lame irc build-in clients like dll shit in miranda (dont waste your time)
2) who needs another non icq shit ? i mean msn/yahoo (i can understand aim support as maximum)
--- End quote ---

I asure you, ICQ support will precede other protocols, then it will be fully configurable.

--- Quote ---ps: its wrong place to ask, i understand, but ru ppl (and me) wondered if someone can write an app to convert history from &RQ to miranda.
--- End quote ---

I can.. but I won't  :P

Anonymous:

--- Quote from: "alkimiya" ---I can.. but I won't  :P
--- End quote ---
you re so cute  :?  :crazy:  :|
as for me, &RQ becomes very buggy (when you speak not only english), i think it will gain more troubles in future, so as every normal persone i want to move to more perspective and constant developing miranda or something (with no bullshit like this thread of "to do deee doooo list").
but i also dont wont to lose my history (belive me if i ll want to move to miranda i ll do it anyway, history wont stop me, i think u understand)

also its not the best way of preventing users moving to miranda answering NO on my request

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version