Author Topic: LARGE folders  (Read 57 times)

Offline ferl

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
LARGE folders
« on: October 13, 2018, 02:59:01 PM »
Hi. A few of my shared folders have MANY files.

One has about 2300 files, takes about 45 secs to load but works.
The other has about 4800 files. This one simply refuses to load. Web browser just keeps waiting for the page to load.

I've tried REAL and VIRTUAL folder options, no difference.  I was using 2.3m, just tried 2.4b4, no luck. :(

Any suggestions?

Excellent software. If I can get this issue solved, I will definitely be donating. :)

Offline bmartino1

• Tireless poster
  • I'm only trying to help i mean no offense.
    • View Profile
    • none - google translate
Re: LARGE folders
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2018, 03:12:43 PM »
I would have you reconfigure hfs back to default(redownload and start over). Use real folders (verfy your file permission to everyone read access)

There have been other who reported simlar issue.
Normally came down to a different template was used(error in code), file permission issues, file path name too long, not using real folder, moving hfs and it vfs to a new location and not have the filenames and path as original setup, many other error that can be found on the forum...

I would have you first check at file permission of the file that at least give everyone read access to the files.
I'm only trying to help i mean no offense.
thank you for your time and patience,
Bmartino1

Offline dj

• Occasional poster
  • 👣 🐾
    • View Profile
    • PWAs
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2018, 04:08:55 PM »

Offline Mars

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2018, 05:17:54 PM »
certainly we can impose a limit on the number of files that will be displayed but whatever the filtering of the names used, the complete analysis of the physical support is still necessary, and only the elements that will correspond to the filter mask will be retained.