Author Topic: The Throwback (retro) template.  (Read 53938 times)

Offline LeoNeeson

• Tireless poster
  • Still busy...
    • View Profile
    • twitter.com/LeoNeeson
Re: Watchdog, Keep-Alive, No-Freeze script
« Reply #105 on: February 25, 2020, 05:28:03 AM »
Sure, here is a no-frills version.
Code: [Select]
@echo off
:ONE
timeout /t 10 > nul
VER > nul
wget 127.0.0.1:80/favicon.ico --output-document=nul --quiet
IF %ERRORLEVEL% NEQ 0 GOTO TWO
GOTO ONE
:TWO
TASKKILL /IM hfs.exe /F
timeout /t 3
start "" "hfs.exe"
GOTO ONE
Assumptions:
batch file and wget in same folder as hfs.exe
HFS filename is hfs.exe (you can edit both)
port 80 (you can edit)

Good! thanks for sharing...
HFS in Spanish (HFS en Español) / How to compile HFS (Tutorial)
» All my work/posts/data anywhere on internet is on Public License!

Follow members gave a thank to your post:

Offline danny

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Update! The Throwback (retro) template. Throwback14, the Phoenix.
« Reply #106 on: February 28, 2020, 09:26:40 PM »
Available at Post#1 is the complete set of Throwback 14. 

The prior cleanup fit resulted in a tidy open-source version of throwback.  Throwback14 was previously stuck in development; however, when I tried the already-made #14 modules aboard the tidy open source version... all of the sudden, everything worked straightaway. 

So, rising from the ashes is Throwback14, the Phoenix. http://rejetto.com/forum/index.php?topic=12055.msg1062733#msg1062733
« Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 06:31:36 PM by danny »

Offline danny

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
sharing, keep-alive script, Throwback14 and prior versions
« Reply #107 on: March 01, 2020, 10:08:05 PM »
Good! thanks for sharing...
Also shared, many more files at Post#1, both historic and the latest available.
See also the WatchCat script, so you can go on vacation yet the server stays up. 

Offline LeoNeeson

• Tireless poster
  • Still busy...
    • View Profile
    • twitter.com/LeoNeeson
Re: The Throwback (retro) template.
« Reply #108 on: March 02, 2020, 03:48:53 AM »
Also shared, many more files at Post#1, both historic and the latest available.
Cool! I'm still testing them, but they look good (Throwback14 loads blazing fast). My favorite is Throwback14MP.tpl. Overall speaking, you did a great job (it looks like a finished/completed project), congratulations! :D

» Details: I see you removed my XHR login on Throwback14 (in the 'unauthorized' section), but it's still there for those who may need it, on Throwback10v3.tpl (inside the 'historic.zip' file). I personally don't need the XHR login. I've did it (see my post HERE), for those browsers who removed legacy HTTP Auth. Anyway, my XHR login implementation, was not reliable, since when the connection is time-out or closed, the login is forgotten (and it asks to login again and again). To be reliable, it should store the credentials on a cookie, and automatically issue the XHR login (on background), if the credentials are found in the cookies (this should happen when the user 'clicks' on a password protected resource, but BEFORE any connection is sent to the server). This way, it will work on both (new and old browsers), and it will never show up that login popup again, obviously, unless some user tries to DIRECTLY cold-access a password protected file (I mean, without browsing for the file, since on that case we can't avoid having the login popup showing up from the browser). This is the general idea on how to complete the XHR login, but I didn't had the time to complete it. If anyone wants to continue it, it's welcome to contribute on THIS thread (the only rule to submit any code contribution, is please NOT using jQuery, neither ES6 or Promises, to keep compatibility with old browsers too).

Cheers,
Leo.-
HFS in Spanish (HFS en Español) / How to compile HFS (Tutorial)
» All my work/posts/data anywhere on internet is on Public License!

Offline danny

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 02, 2020, 07:27:54 AM »
Cool! I'm still testing them, but they look good (Throwback14 loads blazing fast). My favorite is Throwback14MP.tpl. Overall speaking, you did a great job (it looks like a finished/completed project), congratulations! :D
Thanks ever so much!  I wouldn't have done so well had it not been for the stout/clear and helpful briefing that you gave me (also kudos to Rejetto for a do-in-scope briefing).  And, yes, it is intended as the series finale, at least for now.  Sharing all that I could, was good advice.
...removed my XHR login...
I did.  For the phones, I put a note to use a browser that is compatible.  It is a new development, since mobile browsers with basic-auth capacity have only recently become available, via firefox.
...My favorite is Throwback14MP.tpl...
MP was always the favorite.  This is why Throwback14dphoto behavior and default workload is very similar to MP.  Because of the new state-of-the-art color css unicode icons, today I tested large folder support again.  I got 234,691 files on a single page during the test (of a disk with exactly that many files). It went a minute faster.  And I did it from a cheap TracFone on metered mobile data.  So, the newest did have large folders support. Test was done with the photo version; and, this time, minus the bill.  Perhaps, the #14 photo version is now eligible as a favorite.
...14 loads blazing fast...
Throwback was always dual purpose.  #1, serviceably fast.  #2, a practical message  to the developers:  never less than this.
...finished...
Indeed, the classic/interactive interface is stuffed full.  Although it surely will arise again, the next step should have its own name and its own thread. 

Offline SilentPliz

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
  • ....... chut ! shh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 09, 2020, 08:17:15 PM »
Danny,

I've sticked your topic.
;)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 08:18:49 PM by SilentPliz »