rejetto forum

The Throwback (retro) template. With large folder and mobile support.

danny · 128 · 56010

Offline danny

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Throwback for HFS2.4 RC5 added at the first post.
It works for RC4, RC5, etc

See also HFS2.4 RC5

Hot tip:  Choose what folder you see after login
Menu (not in easy mode)
Other options
User accounts
group (can change password)
After login, redirect to
/

Edit: Re-uploaded with a better login for phone/mobile.   Thanks DJ!!!

Offline danny

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
I browsed a folder with 1200 photos with your tpl, enabled thumbnails, and got no errors, all loaded at first attempt.  I repeated the test while a script was bombing with tens of requests per second on the same address (127.0.0.1), no errors and the photos continued to be downloaded and watched.
Glad to hear that the newly revised image lazyload script is working as expected. 

I'm excited! 
With the combination of loss and gain for updating to 2.4, Throwback14 for HFS2.4 barely broke even until now.  But, now we are +1 and 1/3rd of the way towards Throwback15 (version metric is +3).  On the list for Throwback15 is replace the delete x with a modal move/delete/rename and one more thing, which is probably to revise the top-menu so that it doesn't look redundant on Chrome browser.  The menu thing is doable, however...
I probably need some help with the modal.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
you asked for the "top speed" of the graph, but it is not good for you, IMO.
it is the top speed of the stuff you see in the chart, and it is reset now and then.
You, instead, probably want to keep the top until restart.
You should build this information with events.
Something like

[every 1 sec]
set|#top| max|#top|%speed-out%

Offline danny

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
...[every 1 sec]
set|#top| max|#top|%speed-out%

Thought I would do %sym-speed% positioned after loading page/script.
Also [sym-speed]
{.set|#top| max|#top|%speed-out%.}

Unfortunately, {.^#top.} output is not numeric. 
Output is the word  max

P.S. Not using events file because this project uses only 1 file, which is only the template.

Offline danny

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
At post#1, there is an update for larger thumbnails. 
Maybe overlarge, but it really helps the speed when just 3 load concurrently.   
Click the photo button, and let me know what you think of it. 

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Thought I would do %sym-speed% positioned after loading page/script.

if you do that, you will measure just what's the speed of the server at the time a list is ready to be sent (before) to the browser. The very first time it will likely be zero, because nothing is sent yet. And even after it will not be meaningful, and in the worst case will never consider the speed generated by files download.
These commands happen on the server, so a command  put "after" is still "before" for the client.
HFS itself calculates the speed each second, so sampling it each second should produce a good result.

as a side note, don't use sym- to load a section, it's deprecated, a v2.2 thing, will likely be removed soon. Use {.$nameOfTheSection.} instead, which is a shortcut for the 'section' command'.

Unfortunately, {.^#top.} output is not numeric.  Output is the word  max

max is a command and requires its brackets
{.set|#top| {.max|{.^#top.}|%speed-out%.} .}

P.S. Not using events file because this project uses only 1 file, which is only the template.

i hope we'll have a solution to this in the near future
« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 09:26:15 AM by rejetto »

Offline danny

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
if you do that, you will measure just what's the speed of the server at the time a list is ready to be sent (before) to the browser. The very first time it will likely be zero, because nothing is sent yet.
Thanks!!  The numeric result helps.  And, I was just thinking that it would be necessary to add validation, such as if <1 then set #top to 122 (1 megabit) to get it started.
I haven't made anything reliant on this yet--I just want the information available. 

Offline danny

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile