Author Topic: Introducing: The really fast Throwback (retro) template. Updated.  (Read 11180 times)

Offline Mars

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile

Offline danny

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Re: Introducing: The really fast Throwback (retro) template. Updated.
« Reply #76 on: September 15, 2018, 02:34:54 PM »
Solution is inside this post

http://rejetto.com/forum/index.php?topic=11546.msg1059974#msg1059974
Unfeasible with multiple users. If several users list files at the same time, server-side synchronous processing causes more dramatic loss of speed. With many files there's a long time to wait, as if broken. Inefficient workaround isn't a substitute for an efficient baked-in short date format.   If Rjetto makes that new standard template that works with phones; also, he will soon need %item-modified-mdy% short date (12.25.18) functionality, with better efficiency.

Until then, a possible workaround solution involves the Client's CPU (because there are many), not the server's CPU (only one--don't jam it).  Client side processing would be a script to reformat %item-modified%, preferably with async/non-blocking processing. 

I don't know how, but DJ does.

Offline Mars

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 15, 2018, 05:20:01 PM »
[+file]
<td>%item-size%B<td><script type="text/javascript" >mdy(%item-modified-dt%)</script><td>%item-dl-count%

[+folder]
<td class='nosize'>{.!folder-item|folder.}<td><script type="text/javascript" >mdy(%item-modified-dt%) </script><td>%item-dl-count%

[lib.js|no log]
// <script> // this is here for the syntax highlighter

function mdy(data) {
   var options={ year: '2-digit', month: '2-digit', day: 'numeric' }
   var locales=navigator.language;
   document.write( new Date((data*24-613658)*3600*1000).toLocaleString(locales, options));
}

function outsideV(e, additionalMargin) {
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 08:58:42 PM by Mars »

Offline dj

• Occasional poster
  • 👣 🐾
    • View Profile
    • PWAs
« Reply #78 on: September 15, 2018, 08:34:40 PM »
Until then, a possible workaround solution

my modified addon, adapted to throwback1998

Code: [Select]
[+]
<script>  //formatmodified for mobil-light.tpl
//use ISO Date Format in hfs
var options={ year: '2-digit', month: '2-digit', day: 'numeric' }  //edit here
 //year, month, day, hour, minute, second  "numeric", "2-digit"; weekday  "narrow", "short", "long"
var locales=navigator.language

var ref=document.querySelectorAll('td:nth-child(3) font')  //addapted to throwback1998
if(!ref.length) ref=document.querySelectorAll('tr td:nth-child(3)')  //std-tpl
for (var i=0; i<ref.length; i++)  {
 var tmp=Date.parse(ref[i].textContent.slice(0,19))
 if(tmp) ref[i].textContent = new Date(tmp).toLocaleString(locales, options)
}

</script>

Offline Mars

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 15, 2018, 08:47:23 PM »
Thank you DJ for the idea, my previous post edited accordingly regarding the javascript part ,works as simply as necessary ;)

I'm still working on the changes that can be made to the default template with a minimum of modifications and that are as simple as possible

probably it will not work on platforms where javascript is disabled,  I do not know if it also has an impact on jquery
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 09:22:54 PM by Mars »

Offline danny

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 03, 2018, 04:49:34 PM »
I'm still working on the changes that can be made to the default template with a minimum of modifications and that are as simple as possible
That is a good project! 
It looks like the functions/menus will have to be moved to the top of the phone/tablet screen, so that the file listing will fit on-screen.
See also the [error] section from inside of a throwback template, because it bypasses most errors instead of claiming a broken server.  Also, see Leo's code that can get the phones logged in, even if they don't have the Firefox Mobile browser (Leo's code will be incorporated into the next version of the Throwback template).  Lastly, have a look at the throwback template's unicode support, both the font declaration and the use of instantaneous unicode icons instead of sending a little photo per each file listed (the difference in bandwidth isn't much, but the difference in lag-time is huge, since schlepping photos burdens the server cpu and unicode characters don't do that).  It won't take much scrolling labor to pick out the good stuff from the Throwback templates, because they're 24 times shorter than the standard template. 

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 04, 2018, 10:21:04 PM »
for those interested in reducing the CPU load on the server, make a test disabling "use system icons" under Menu > virtual file system.