HFS 2.3m #300 r7 for translators

Hi everybody !

I appeal to those who would be interested to help me
to translate my release of hfs:

- In Spanish language
- In Italian language
- In Chinese Language
- In Russian language

Languages ​​are pre-translated (translator toolkit) in the release I post below.
Some strings are very poorly translated with this method, others well translated.

But I think that with this method, finally, we save time.

How to do :

- You launch / run hfs.2.3m_300_r7_trad.exe
- The files to translate are in the following folders:

Spanish language    "locale\es\LC_MESSAGES\default.po"
Italian language    "locale\it\LC_MESSAGES\default.po"
Chinese language    "locale\zh\LC_MESSAGES\default.po"
Russian language    "locale\ru\LC_MESSAGES\default.po"

I advise you to use Poedit to edit these files.

https://poedit.net/download

Open the choosed default.po file in poedit as a continuation of a translation.
You correct / translate strings.
You save file and run hfs.2.3m_300_r7_trad.exe to test your work.

Once your translation is finished, send it to me by email or on the frorum
After verification, I will include it in the next releases.

Don't use this release as a work server ... especially in languages ​​not yet finalized.

Updated 14-06-2019

POT file :
http://silentpliz.free.fr/hfs/default.pot

HFS :
http://silentpliz.free.fr/hfs/hfs.2.3m_300_r7_trad.exe

Sources :
http://silentpliz.free.fr/hfs/Sources_hfs/HFS2.3m300_r7_trad.zip

LeoNeeson:
Cool!! :) that's exactly was I was looking for! (but I was afraid to ask). This release is great because loads translated files on the fly, without having to recompile (it saves a lot of time, thank you). I can't promise an exact date, but expect my contribution on this (translating the Spanish language) on the following days (it will take me some time, because it's not only about translating words, but fitting the text on the context where it's placed).

--- Quote from: SilentPliz on March 22, 2019, 05:55:02 PM --- - In Spanish language

--- End quote ---
I'm taking the translation of the Spanish language, since I have 'native' level of Spanish language (just be patient, because my free time varies, and some days I have less free time than other days). When my translation is finished, I will attach the file on this forum.

I hope someone else do the same with the Italian language.

SilentPliz:
Cool ! (my turn) ;)

Thank you for answering to my call so quickly ...
I'm not so surprised, I see in your posts on the forum that you are always ready to
help for everything related to HFS.

This is good news for me your message.

No worries for the time you spend for translating HFS ... No one is in a hurry here. :)
You can also change your mind, and decide not to do it ... no one will blame you.

Especially since I don't facilitate the task of translators with my sources strings in
"French de-accented" and very little commented.  :-[

You may be able to help you with the English default.po file contained in the zip sources.

In any case do not hesitate to contact me here or by e-mail for any questions.

Thanks

PS: Has the executable I posted run in Spanish on your system by default
(at first run if your Windows OS is setled on Spanish locale) ?

The *.po file is set to es_ES which is the spanish language of Spain.
This can be changed possibly by a more precise setting concerning the country also using the Spanish language, but with idiomatics or some expression differences.

e.g:   es_PY for Paraguay

If es_ES does not cause a problem to be correctly recognized by "locale Windows" as much as to keep only one translation file for the Spanish language.

LeoNeeson:

--- Quote from: SilentPliz on March 24, 2019, 10:21:08 AM ---No worries for the time you spend translating HFS ... No one is in a hurry here. :)
You can also change your mind, and decide not to do it ... no one will blame you.

--- End quote ---
:)

--- Quote from: SilentPliz on March 24, 2019, 10:21:08 AM ---You may be able to help you with the English default.po file contained in the zip sources.

--- End quote ---
Yes, I'm using the English default.po (from the zip sources) as my MAIN source of reference, because sadly I don't understand French language (your original French text will be still used as a secondary reference, but with the help of online translators). This is what slows down the entirely process of translation (because I need to double-check every entry is correct in both languages: English and French).

--- Quote from: SilentPliz on March 24, 2019, 10:21:08 AM ---Especially since I do not facilitate the task of translators with my sources strings in "French de-accented" and very little commented.  :-[

--- End quote ---
I guess other users will have the same problem, since they may think they have to translate directly from French, but they don't have in mind that they could use the English default.po as reference. If someone else reading this wants to translate to Italian, could take note of this tip... ;)

--- Quote from: SilentPliz on March 24, 2019, 10:21:08 AM ---PS: Has the executable I posted run in Spanish on your system by default
(at first run if your Windows OS is setled on Spanish locale) ?

--- End quote ---
Yes! :) As soon as I start your executable, it runs in Spanish by default (and my Windows OS is configured in Spanish locale).

And about my Spanish translation, don't worry about local idiomatic, since my translation will be as neutral as possible, so it could be used by any Spanish-speaking country. And when I finish my translation to Spanish, I will post a message in the Spanish forum to have feedback from other users. Anyway, I've already done another translation to Spanish (here), and I didn't received any complains about local Spanish idiomatics (so, to keep things simple, I don't think is necessary to add es_ES, es_PY, es_AR, es_MX, es_UY, etc, the same as currently there is no en_US or en_CA). ;)

Cheers,
Leo.-

SilentPliz:

--- Quote ---Yes, I'm using the English default.po (from the zip sources) as my MAIN source of reference, because sadly I don't understand French language (your original French text will be still used as a secondary reference, but with the help of online translators). This is what slows down the entirely process of translation (because I need to double-check every entry is correct in both languages: English and French).

--- End quote ---

My translation into French is often more extended than the original English version (it's my choice to be more explanatory).

If you rely on the file in English, you will be more sheltered from the errors and more comformed to the original one.
This is an equally valid bias.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version