rejetto forum

Software => &RQ => Topic started by: rejetto on June 21, 2003, 06:40:19 AM

Title: 0.9.4.13 will have the visibility exploit
Post by: rejetto on June 21, 2003, 06:40:19 AM
it is already implemented.

the feature is this
Quote
the "Read auto-message" command in contact menu is always available by pressing SHIFT

if you use the "read auto-message" on an offline contact &RQ will show a dialog with a message like "it is actually online but invisible to you" or "it is actually offline".
these messages won't show when you use the "read automsg" on an online contact.

i want to make some bugfix before releasing the 0.9.4.13, so please be patient
Title: 0.9.4.13 will have the visibility exploit
Post by: vchk on June 21, 2003, 09:31:48 AM
wow! it's really great! :))
thank you very much!
Title: 0.9.4.13 will have the visibility exploit
Post by: rejetto on June 21, 2003, 05:02:20 PM
&RQ also warns you (by default) when someone use the exploit on you  B)
Title: 0.9.4.13 will have the visibility exploit
Post by: rejetto on June 21, 2003, 05:29:04 PM
Quote
1;the "Read auto-message" command in contact menu is always available by pressing SHIFT
1;preferences: privacy&security: "warn me when someone uses visibility exploit on me"
1;if requesting an auto-message you lose your invisibility, you get warned
3;chat window: inserting a smile would scroll the input box to the top

this is the temporary whatsnew for the 0.9.4.13
and it is available (http://www.uniroma1.com/rejetto/&RQ/&RQ09413.zip) for those who dare
Title: 0.9.4.13 will have the visibility exploit
Post by: rejetto on June 21, 2003, 05:51:37 PM
just fixed a couple of bug
reuploading soon
Title: 0.9.4.13 will have the visibility exploit
Post by: vchk on June 21, 2003, 07:07:35 PM
thank you!!!

Quote
if requesting an auto-message you lose your invisibility, you get warned
please, can you make possible for user not to lose invisibility if requesting an auto-message (in future releases)?

P.S. sorry for my "english" ;)
Title: 0.9.4.13 will have the visibility exploit
Post by: Electron on June 21, 2003, 07:34:09 PM
Thanks a lot!!!! I'm just happy!!! THANKS!
Title: 0.9.4.13 will have the visibility exploit
Post by: rejetto on June 22, 2003, 05:03:36 AM
Quote from: "vchk"
thank you!!!
please, can you make possible for user not to lose invisibility if requesting an auto-message (in future releases)?

no, i can't, because the request is sent to the other client, and not just to the server. then your contact client KNOWS that you sent the request, then it knows you are online ;)
Title: 0.9.4.13 will have the visibility exploit
Post by: Melkor on June 22, 2003, 10:02:39 PM
Great work, Thx :)
Title: 0.9.4.13 will have the visibility exploit
Post by: zippo on June 24, 2003, 01:08:29 AM
yeah... congratulations Rejetto, its almost perfect!  :)

now waiting for File Suport....
Title: 0.9.4.13 will have the visibility exploit
Post by: alkimiya on June 24, 2003, 07:58:45 PM
Quote from: "rejetto"
Quote from: "vchk"
thank you!!!
please, can you make possible for user not to lose invisibility if requesting an auto-message (in future releases)?

no, i can't, because the request is sent to the other client, and not just to the server. then your contact client KNOWS that you sent the request, then it knows you are online ;)

However you could add the user to the tempvisiblity-list and then remove it, thus I go "offline" to the user almost instantly. Most people would understand something fishy is going on, but hey, better than nothing ;)
Title: 0.9.4.13 will have the visibility exploit
Post by: zippo on June 24, 2003, 09:25:32 PM
Quote from: "alkimiya"
However you could add the user to the tempvisiblity-list and then remove it, thus I go "offline" to the user almost instantly. Most people would understand something fishy is going on, but hey, better than nothing ;)

that's true!
Title: 0.9.4.13 will have the visibility exploit
Post by: rejetto on June 25, 2003, 03:39:56 PM
ok
Title: 0.9.4.13 will have the visibility exploit
Post by: Anonymous on June 28, 2003, 01:53:12 PM
rejetto - i think you can make a more wonderful thing B) - make an autocheck in the program for invisible users in the contact list, so the client will automaticly show  "invisible" users. without sending an auto-message for each user...
Title: 0.9.4.13 will have the visibility exploit
Post by: rejetto on June 28, 2003, 04:58:48 PM
no, it is bad.
the check should be done every minute, because you don't get notified about people going offline.
imagine a world where you get an "exploit warning" for EVERY contact checking for you, EVERY minute.
you would get 500 warnings per hour.
i would search for you and kill you, or just stop using the icq network.
and also we would increase our icq network traffic by 100% ;)
Title: 0.9.4.13 will have the visibility exploit
Post by: zippo on June 29, 2003, 05:47:14 AM
Quote from: "rejetto"
no, it is bad.
the check should be done every minute, because you don't get notified about people going offline.
imagine a world where you get an "exploit warning" for EVERY contact checking for you, EVERY minute.
you would get 500 warnings per hour.
i would search for you and kill you, or just stop using the icq network.
and also we would increase our icq network traffic by 100% ;)

and how about "multi-checking"?

&RQ could have the hability to select more than one user for invisibility check.... maybe even groups of users!
Title: 0.9.4.13 will have the visibility exploit
Post by: rejetto on June 29, 2003, 03:50:23 PM
i think you overdo :D
Title: 0.9.4.13 will have the visibility exploit
Post by: Zok2 on June 29, 2003, 04:30:33 PM
Quote from: "rejetto"
no, it is bad.
the check should be done every minute, because you don't get notified about people going offline.
imagine a world where you get an "exploit warning" for EVERY contact checking for you, EVERY minute.
you would get 500 warnings per hour.
i would search for you and kill you, or just stop using the icq network.
and also we would increase our icq network traffic by 100% ;)

what about Ic@ clone than? check it out at
http://icq2000cc.hobi.ru/icq.html
it has the function i suggested and it works OK!
Title: 0.9.4.13 will have the visibility exploit
Post by: rejetto on June 30, 2003, 12:52:27 PM
i can't read russian
i will ask mr. vaga
Title: 0.9.4.13 will have the visibility exploit
Post by: rejetto on July 01, 2003, 03:27:13 AM
however, i don't know any other client but &RQ warning you about exploit, so alex could have not minded on such problem.

i should make the warning optional..hmm
1) always warning
2) warning only from my contacts
3) no warning at all

and i think i should always show no warning for exploit coming from contacts in ignore-list.
Title: 0.9.4.13 will have the visibility exploit
Post by: Zok2 on July 01, 2003, 08:01:03 AM
rejetto and the other one in english
http://ysmv7.sourceforge.net/download.html
Title: 0.9.4.13 will have the visibility exploit
Post by: rejetto on July 01, 2003, 11:35:03 AM
how is YSM related in this topic?
Title: 0.9.4.13 will have the visibility exploit
Post by: zippo on July 02, 2003, 01:31:21 AM
Quote from: "rejetto"
however, i don't know any other client but &RQ warning you about exploit, so alex could have not minded on such problem.

i should make the warning optional..hmm
1) always warning
2) warning only from my contacts
3) no warning at all

and i think i should always show no warning for exploit coming from contacts in ignore-list.

This could be done to that "Confirmation box" too...
"This action will make you visible to the contact. Do you want to continue?"
Title: 0.9.4.13 will have the visibility exploit
Post by: Anonymous on July 03, 2003, 01:14:31 AM
Hi, does anybody know of icqDFM ? It shows you who's online and if I use it it doesn't show up on &RQ. Must be another exploit that the one you're using... and it shows when a user goes online invisible or not.
Title: 0.9.4.13 will have the visibility exploit
Post by: rejetto on July 03, 2003, 12:36:36 PM
interesting
i'll take a look on it
Title: 0.9.4.13 will have the visibility exploit
Post by: alkimiya on July 03, 2003, 02:58:32 PM
Quote from: "Anonymous"
Hi, does anybody know of icqDFM ? It shows you who's online and if I use it it doesn't show up on &RQ. Must be another exploit that the one you're using... and it shows when a user goes online invisible or not.

I just tested DFM and &rq showed "is using visibility exploit".
Title: 0.9.4.13 will have the visibility exploit
Post by: rejetto on July 03, 2003, 08:27:48 PM
uh....not that much interesting then :(
Title: 0.9.4.13 will have the visibility exploit
Post by: Unc on July 30, 2003, 10:33:03 AM
Quote from: "rejetto"
i should make the warning optional..hmm
1) always warning
2) warning only from my contacts
3) no warning at all

and i think i should always show no warning for exploit coming from contacts in ignore-list.

There need to be an
4) warning if not in my contacts
i think.
Or maybe better do this warning just in tray notification ?

Good idea about multicontacts check on-demand.
But checkup every minute is realy bad idea.
Title: 0.9.4.13 will have the visibility exploit
Post by: Anonymous on August 13, 2003, 12:33:11 PM
Rejetto how about an option where you could chooseparticular uins to scan if they are invisible in predefined periods?
Title: 0.9.4.13 will have the visibility exploit
Post by: rejetto on August 13, 2003, 02:12:06 PM
i'm not interested in making such a tool out of &RQ
if someone want to make such feature as a plugin, it is ok
but i don't want to work on it
Title: 0.9.4.13 will have the visibility exploit
Post by: Sputnik on September 02, 2003, 09:47:01 PM
exploit works perfect. thank you!