rejetto forum

Hosting a website?

Offline bottest

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Hello again, I am using hfs.2f and i am having some problem hosting a website. I created a root folder call "Example". In side that root folder, i placed my HTML "Default" file and rest of my other files to run the site. So by using HSF.2F i did the following to host the site:

1) Right Clicked on that small house looking icon in expert mode and pressed "bind to real-folder"
2) I've located my "example" folder and pressed Okay.
3)Then right Click on the small house again under expert mode and went to "advanced" then to "default file mask..." then I typed in "default.html" cause i wanted that page to open first.
4)--------this works fine------ now here are my probems::::::

But when I edit my website... and add new stuff to it.. why doesn't it show up when i access the site?---------

Also, this is really weird... When I "Unbind root" and  delete my "Example" folder, which contains my website files, when i access the site, its still there while HFS is running. But how can the page be still there when i deleted the files and unbinded the root?----------

ALso, can someone tell me how do i COMPLETLY remove everything of HFS and start all over... I pressed "Uninstall HFS" and said it will delete setting as well.. but when i install it again, i see the website LOL.---------

If anyone has any links to setting up a web server, please paste it here. I am senior at a high school and taking web development. This software is very useful as i learn html and host my newbie sites. Its a good way to view my site and improve it.

Those of you who help, thank you for your time and i really appreciate it . 

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
for some reasons, you don't see any change.
I guess you already tried to click on the "refresh" button of your browser.
anyway, that's nothing to do with with HFS itself.
i guess you still see the website while HFS is not running. isn't it?

Offline bottest

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
for some reasons, you don't see any change.
I guess you already tried to click on the "refresh" button of your browser.
anyway, that's nothing to do with with HFS itself.
i guess you still see the website while HFS is not running. isn't it?

I don't see the website if HFS is not running. But when i uninstall and reinstall HFS and access the site.. i still see the website, even though i uninstalled before and deleted my website  root folders and "unbind root folder"

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
1. what about the "refresh" button?
2. attach a screenshot of your HFS after uninstall+reinstall, with the website still working