rejetto forum

Cancel or disconnect downloads

Offline Chrisp6825

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Hi, I've been trying to find out if there was a way i could add a button or link next to a download in the progress window to disconnect or cancel the download...

like this:

So when you click the disconnect link, it closes the connection on the download.
I've tried to make that link point to a hfs.diff.tpl file with the macro {.disconnect.} in it, but it just closes the connection to that page, not the download.

The reason I'm doing this is because some computers I've connected to my website from, when I cancel a download and check the progress page, it's still downloading. I tried to close the browser to see if it was secretly downloading it, but when I opened it back up and checked, it was still downloading.. And after a few downloads, others start to use up too much bandwith and slow down.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
I like your try.
But with the current build you can't do it.
In next build this should be working (i hope): {.disconnect|%item-ip%|%item-port%.}
I'll update wiki documentation soon.

Offline Chrisp6825

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Oh, ok.
So any idea how or if your going to let us use this if we dont know the item-ip or port?

I was thinking of something like, %download1-ip%, %download2-ip%, %download3-ip%, and so on...
But I'm not so sure if it would work so well like that. I bet you probably already have it all figured out though..

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
In the while the new build has been published.
the suggestion i gave you should be working, why you need something different?