rejetto forum

search in a hidden folder

ladiko · 5 · 4819

Offline ladiko

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
hello :-)

if i am in the folder blubb and type blabla into the search box it redirects me to
%host%/?search=blabla
ok that's fine for the moment. but if the folder blubb is hidden, the search doesn't work for this folder. the search seems to not work for hidden subfolders in general. this means i need a modified search box that always redirects to
%host%/%folder-path%/blubb?search=blabla
cause this is showing me the search result for files inside of this hidden folder.

what should i change? thank you in advance :-)
« Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 12:38:55 AM by ladiko »

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
if you have a hidden folder, you probably want to hide its content.
i can search for "a" or "e", and sure i would find some content of the hidden folder, thus i would discover it very easily.
this is not a good policy.

if you have any suggestion, post it.

Offline ladiko

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Yes it's wanted that %host%/?search=blabla doesn't list the content of hidden subfolder! That's ok :-)
And it's also ok that %host%/MyHiddenFolder/?search=blabla lists the files inside of this hidden subfolder - cause it seems like this person know the hidden folder's name.

my problem is:
If i use the search box that is provided by Terayon template on the page %host%/MyHiddenFolder/ it doesnt redirect me to %host%/MyHiddenFolder/?search=blabla but to %host%/?search=blabla ... this means the search result is empty and i have to edit the url to %host%/MyHiddenFolder?search=blabla and press [return] every time.

maybe now it is more obvious what i mean? and my question is: what should i edit in the template to let the search box direct to the search result for the current folder and not for the whole host.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 05:46:45 AM by ladiko »

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
yes, now it is clear.
see if there is action='/'
and remove it.

i will have to face a similar problem in the default template :-\

Offline ladiko

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
yes that's it! great rejetto :)

now the problem with the "false" logged in user for the root is also solved without the workaround --> http://www.rejetto.com/forum/index.php?topic=5258.0

today is like christmas and birthday on one day
« Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 05:50:45 AM by ladiko »