rejetto forum

Icon masks using added icons not being saved - 2.2f

Guest · 5 · 3393

Charles

I am using 2.2f on a Win2000 box.

I have added icons for common file types (PDF, DOC, XLS, etc.) and have added icon masks using these icons. Everything works great until HFS is restarted. After restarting I have to re-add the icons and re-add the icon masks to get them to display.

The VFS is saved after each config change and automatically every 3600 seconds. Am I missing something or is there something wrong with HFS?

Thanks in advance,
Charles

Offline SilentPliz

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
  • ....... chut ! shh!
    • View Profile
Hi Charles!  :)

Settings for Icons Masks are not stored with the VFS.  These parameters are saved with the options.
By default, options are saved into the registry.

You must save manually or automatically the options after you have settled Icon Masks (and many other settings):

Menu > Save options > To registry

You can check Auto-save options on exit & adjust Menu > Save options > Auto-save every... to set the automatic saving of options.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 01:12:56 PM by SilentPliz »

Charles

Hi Charles!  :)

Settings for Icons Masks are not stored with the VFS.  These parameters are saved with the options.
By default, options are saved into the registry...

Thanks! I will check this out. I wondered what that did.

Thanks,
Charles

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
I deleted my previous reply because i was wrong.
HFS 2.2f is already able to do such thing, i did it and it worked.
So, maybe you are doing something wrong if it doesn't work for you. Let us know if your problem persists.
Please don't use and don't advice for the "periodic saving" of files in HFS 2.2, it can lead to data loss in case of system crash.

Charles

Please don't use and don't advice for the "periodic saving" of files in HFS 2.2, it can lead to data loss in case of system crash.

Thanks for the heads-up. I will disable this option.

Thanks,
Charles