rejetto forum

Testing build #260

rejetto · 62 · 50674

Bugs

Firefox 3.5 and higher lets you log yourself out of any http authentication. (Tools > Clear Recent History > Active Logins)

Offline Mars

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile

Offline Nestor

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
I was testing HFS 2.3.260 (on Windows XP SP3 with Firefox 3.6.3), and noticed a couple of bugs:

Regarding the login function:
If you click on login and then cancel, it should leave you in the same page you were at, not take you to the unauthorized page.

If you click on login and enter a random user name and password, a number of odd things happen:
-The browser does not take you to the unauthorized page like it should, but keeps asking for the login info, endlessly.
-The login info gets cached (yes, even when wrong). This happens even if you have disabled in the browser the option to remember passwords.
-If you cancel to break the loop, you cannot return to the previous page either by pressing the browser's back button or typing the address.
-If you don't enter the info again and instead simply press OK after the first failed logon, the browser returns to the page you were at rather than asking for the info again or taking you to the unauthorized page, like it should. If you click on login a second time, the browser enters an endless loop (apparently it keeps reading the wrong info, that's how I figured it was being cached). You have to clean the browser's active sessions for the login function to work again.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Firefox 3.5 and higher lets you log yourself out of any http authentication. (Tools > Clear Recent History > Active Logins)

nice finding :)

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Regarding the login function:
If you click on login and then cancel, it should leave you in the same page you were at, not take you to the unauthorized page.

i guess i can do nothing about it, until i totally change the login system.

If you click on login and enter a random user name and password, a number of odd things happen:

i'm using 3.6.4, and i can easily go back when i cancel.
cannot reproduce the problem. Anyone else?

i was wrong. I clicked on a protected folder instead of the "login" button.
it clearly makes FF go crazy. Don't know what to do :-\
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 03:13:06 PM by rejetto »

Offline SilentPliz

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
  • ....... chut ! shh!
    • View Profile

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
but after that my filesystem.vfs was deleted.
so i had to restore that to.
but why do you think the filesystem.vfs was deleted???

try to see if it was renamed, like .vfs.corrupted

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
I got problem in all recent builds with HFS web interface stopping responding when files still continues downloading. It's usually happens when a lot of huge files (more than ten) being downloaded through LAN. When i turn server on/off with F4 it's starts responding properly.
Do you know solution to resolve such issue?

this may causing the problem
prevent-leeching=no
# default: yes

anyway, you should check the CPU usage, to see if it's 100%

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
I found a bug with the new template:
It's impossible to comment an file if a MD5 file is associated to it in a folder.

solved in next release (261), soon published.
thank you for reporting.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
I installed this beta version and i've found that sometimes it has freezed in any directory where i went.

when it is freezed, is the CPU overloaded?

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
i'm korean user, i have the same problem on deleting file, folder. i use ie7, servicepack3.
Delete function acts as if it worked, but actually the selected folder or file is not deleted
and still shown in ths web list and also in the real disk.
could you share delete script to solve this problem?

The function works here, but if there's any bug, it must be solved by me, not by users via workarounds.
Try reporting more details to see if we can reproduce your problem.
In the while, are you sure you gave the right permissions for deleting?
right click > properties > permissions > delete

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
For what is then that option anonymous? What can I do with it?

if you enable it, then the feature you are in (delete, upload, etc) will be available for users that didn't log in.

Offline 1337GamingNinja

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
I love HFS and have been using it for quite a while.
Unfortunately I seem to have discovered a problem that I know how to prevent but it requires disabling an option I like to use.

The Problem:
It seems that when a user is logged in they are unable to archive.
I am using the new template. The archive option is allowed. The user account has access.

I have tried it on files which do not require a user to be logged in and on files which do require the user to be logged in.
When logged in the user cannot archive anything, the error page saying: "There is no file you are allowed to download" comes up after the dialog confirmation is shown and accepted.
However, if the login is cleared or there is no user logged in then the archiving of the same files works perfectly. Of course it is impossible to test this on protected files as the user must be logged in.

I have tested this locally and remotely using Firefox 3.6.6, Firefox 3.7a5, Chrome 5.0.375.86, Chrome 6.0.447.0, IE8 x32, and IE8 x64.
I tested using my typical HFS configuration and a blank HFS configuration tweaking a few minor settings until I found the fix.
Both tests use the new template (though my configuration is a modified version of said template).

The Solution:
The solution to it seems to be disabling "Include password in pages (for download managers)".

Other Thoughts:
Though I can live without that I do like having it so that I may use programs like VLC player to stream music/videos.
It also seems that by using https with stunnel it does not allow VLC to stream, sadly I believe this is a limitation of VLC with the https protocol.

Has anyone else found that they have the same problem?

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
the bug is in the template,
i'll try to fix it with next release.
in the while you may test may attempt (attached)

Offline crazyboris

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
try to see if it was renamed, like .vfs.corrupted
no the file is deleted.
its not there.
but i had a backup of it.

it has never happend befor or after that.
been using hfs for about 1.5 years now , and the server is on 24/7