rejetto forum

Testing build #212

rejetto · 32 · 18089

Offline FRENCH CAN CAN

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
This solution is bad because the password on the "root" no longer works in this way is anyone who can access the server.

Offline SilentPliz

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
  • ....... chut ! shh!
    • View Profile

Offline Pit

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • EDV & Netzwerkservice in Berlin
There is a different interpretation of the delete permissions.

Scenario: I create a user with delete permissions on my real Uploadfolder. I gave the delete permissions for this user under properties delete permissions. This user has in the uploadfolder the button delete and it works. But under menu -> other options -> user accounts in the permissions field is show, that all users have delete permissions in the upload folder. But they have no delete button in the upload folder. So i thing its a minor bug.

Sorry for my english.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 09:56:28 PM by Pit »
You reach our Webserver every day between 9 AM to 10 PM under: http://phampel.dyndns.org or http://free4you.dyndns.org

Offline chthonic

• Tireless poster
  • I own the copyright to this image... "Back Off!"
    • View Profile
I found a workaround for the video streaming issue if a video folder is set with restricted user access.. make sure that  ANONYMOUS is checked... if you use stunnel.. the data stream is still protected from what I can see..and the video will play as long as you have the codecs for it.

Offline chthonic

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
ok.. the upload folder issue.. I set an upload folder.. gave only two accounts access etc.. for del what not... but oly the two accounts showed as having access after going back to the user manager options.. no other accounts showed access to that folder..

so must be a specific issue .. because I cant reproduce that problem

Offline chthonic

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
hmm not sure I agree with the idea of setting a user/password limited access on the root of a BETA version..... thats just plain silly

I prefer to use the restricted access options.. less chance of locking myself out

so for the record I "WILL NOT" attempt to reproduce that error! LOL I might be crazy but I am not insane!

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
The problem with this version is that if you put a password on the root (the house), you can not access the folder upload, also enabling the account "can can" HFS automatically puts a password on the folder "upload" and no longer works.  :-\

As far as i can understand, you are facing this problem because of the removal of "anyone" permission in build 211.
Actually the anonymous+any_account doesn't cover the case of someone who logged in to a user/pass protected resource. That's because that's not an account, and is not really anonymous. So, having just removed "anyone" is an error.
Let see possible solutions:

1. permission for "anonymous" could cover the case of someone logged in (with username), but with no account.
i don't like this because it's not the meaning of the word "anonymous".

2. do as in point 1, but renaming "anonymous" to something else.
maybe ok, but i don't truly like, and can't imagine a good short rename.

3. remove the "set user/pass" capability.
i think this feature is quite useless, and adds complexity to hfs (having 2 methods instead of one). we could just have a similar quick way to create an account. other than being quick, i see no other advantage of it over accounts. It's there because there was a time when hfs had no accounts. :)
so, i think this point will be done before or later, even if it will not be chosen as solution for the current problem.

4. re-add the "anyone" permission.
quick and safe ::)

Opinions?

Offline FRENCH CAN CAN

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
3. remove the "set user/pass" capability.
i think this feature is quite useless, and adds complexity to hfs (having 2 methods instead of one). we could just have a similar quick way to create an account. other than being quick, i see no other advantage of it over accounts. It's there because there was a time when hfs had no accounts. :)
so, i think this point will be done before or later, even if it will not be chosen as solution for the current problem.

This fits well, in my opinion it does not touch it.

4. re-add the "anyone" permission.
quick and safe ::)

According to me is the best solution, add "anyone" permission to operate as before.  ;)

Offline n1kl4z

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Since a few builds back the context menu has stopped working, when i press "add to hfs" the program runs but the file is not added to the vfs.
It's no problem for me really since it takes a second to drag the file in, but I thought I should give you an heads up  :)

Sorry if someone reported this already I did a quick search that came up with nothing.

Offline AlexPebody

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
HI Rejetto! :)

Please help me, why my hfs 209 not search right?
Search results no right, example i search text "vasya" from root hfs, no results, then i search in dir, have this file, no result... :(:( File not found hfs unswer me...

Please help doing right this function, THANKS!!!
« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 04:06:47 PM by AlexPebody »

Offline Pit

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • EDV & Netzwerkservice in Berlin
Do you have access permissions on that folder that the file contents. The search can only find files in directorys where you have access.
You reach our Webserver every day between 9 AM to 10 PM under: http://phampel.dyndns.org or http://free4you.dyndns.org

Offline AlexPebody

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Do you have access permissions on that folder that the file contents. The search can only find files in directorys where you have access.
Thanks! I have all permissions! But on my work (i'am root admin) search i'ts all right, but home not working!!! :(:( Users ask me why your serach not working..., i dont know what tall them... :(

Please help my situation! Thanks!

Work and Home PC is good +-

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Alex post some screenshot, so we can see the file and the search and the result.
Or you can give me access to your server, so i can make the search myself. (don't post passwords here, send to a@rejetto.com)

Offline AlexPebody

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Alex post some screenshot, so we can see the file and the search and the result.
Or you can give me access to your server, so i can make the search myself. (don't post passwords here, send to a@rejetto.com)

Hi Rejetto! Thanks for you help! :) But...

I have no hfs in internet global... :( I make my work and home hfs search screenshots example, and post this topic later!