2.0 coming...

rejetto · 1151 · 540719

Offline Mr. Anon

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
@BA9-1: Cannot Reproduce Problem
@BA9-2: Confirmed
@CA9-2: I doubt it.
@FA9-1: It is possible to change it via the HTML Template.

FA9+-2: Detailed Progress
Size Completed + Speed should also be included in the progress page.

CA9-3: Grayed "Tag as new" function
Instead of hiding the Tag as new function for new files, it would be better to gray it instead.

BA9-3: Hide / Hide Tree Function
They don't seem to make a difference in this alpha.

BA9-4: %user% Variable does not work in upload pages
When %loggedin% is placed in the upload section of the HTML Template, HFS will not phrase the username. (Shows %user% on webpages.)

BA9-5: Upload Bugs
a. HFS posts to /folder//~upload instead of /folder/~upload. (Although upload still works.)
b. HFS does not return to the file list when the upload is completed. Is this designed behavior?

Offline Terminal-Access

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.emedia-ltd.com
rejetto  just to let you know  im running  alpha 9  wth compresson enabled
and its working fine now  , still geting that bug with the icons i narrowed it down to  it happening as soon as you

1. edit the htlm templait
2. reload HFS ( the the option to save and reopen the file systme on start up) - ( it appers as if its not scanning and  uploading new items in the NON-Virtual folder's also could just be me doning some ting wonr though)

couldent send you the HFS file system backup  as its to big via email

if you can isntall msn messenger i cans end it though there
other than that i can upload it t my apache server n send you the link
or  upload the whole directory to  my  Hfs site so you can brows n upload / download at your leashure

Apache File Server URL = http://fileserver.pws.emedia-ltd.com (HFS + Apache)

yes i know  its working from a url insted if ipadress , this is because  i did a simple redirection cript and masked th eipadress  if you want ill show u the coding for a  page Like that

also rejetto if you need any online file storgae space let me know  as iv got a  24/7 1mb connection and id be happy to  set ya up a storage space on the server.
ee Wickham
eMedia-ltd

Offline TGeRi

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
BA9-1: interesting feature, isn't it? :)
 it was because the test for file-change was based on the filename.
 i didn't think about such situation. now it is fixed.

BA9-2: the icon was not refreshed. now it will.

CA9-1: i don't have that information

CA9-2: no, there's no client able to do it

FA9-1: the refresh is fully demanded to the template. if anyone has a better [update] template to submit...

FA9-2: i have to create the part measuring the uploading speeding

CA9-3: ok

BA9-3: i just tested. it is working correctly. hide tree is the recursive version of hide.

BA9-4: fixed

BA9-5a: fixed
BA9-5b: weird, it does for me!

@Terminal: i will check that ASAP

Anonymous

ok heres the simple url redirect that im using to get HFS to work via a Url insted of the ip adress

Code: [Select]
<HTML>
<head>
<TITLE>page name here</TITLE>
<META NAME="description" CONTENT=" ">
<META NAME="keywords" CONTENT=" ">
<meta name="Robots" content="INDEX,FOLLOW">
</head>
<frameset rows="100%,*" border=0 frameborder=0 framespacing=0>
<frame src="http://ip-address here:port here/" name="url discription here">
</frameset>
</html>

basically that just forwards the url to the specified ip address and port  but keeps the url adress in the address bar

feel free to use it :)

rejetto if you could implament some way of setting hfs up to automatically  url redirect insted of just using the ipadress would be a nice feature for a future releace

also  how about implamenting some sort of login system for the acctual server its self  e.g if you minamize it to your systray  you can opt to have it ask for a password when you want  to return to the password ( only sujesting this as  for the past coupple of nights my brother had been sneekin in to my room n closing off connections of ppl that are donwloading form me  and that can get anoyign at times lol would imajin the same for every one  in the same kinda situation)

Offline Terminal-Access

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
that was me agane , been haivng problems login in to the forum  where it  either wont log me in with my user name n pass or tells me it does then when i post it comes up as guest

also noticed that  when i opt  for the forum to remember my login  it never does :S
ee Wickham
eMedia-ltd

Offline Rafi

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Quote from: "Terminal-Access"
rejetto if you could implament some way of setting hfs up to automatically url redirect insted of just using the ipadress would be a nice feature for a future releace

Not automatically, but try:
        Menu->IP-address->custom-> your-URL

Offline Mr. Anon

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
rejetto if you could implament some way of setting hfs up to automatically url redirect insted of just using the ipadress would be a nice feature for a future releace
I am not sure what you meant by that.
Since HFS is not the one in control of your webserver, it cannot be used for redirecting users from a hostname. You could however use services like no-ip.com if you want a domain to reach to.

You <-> Redirection Web Server (HTML Based) <-> HFS.
As the diagram shown above, HFS is not the one in control of the redirection server. (HFS is the final destination.) You could use HFS to redirect your browser to somewhere else however.

This feature is possible if rejetto adds a FTP engine into HFS that modifies the HTML on the remote redirection server. But since there are a lot of features pending on the "To-Do" list, I don't think this will be in HFS anytime soon.

also how about implamenting some sort of login system for the acctual server its self e.g if you minamize it to your systray you can opt to have it ask for a password when you want to return to the password ( only sujesting this as for the past coupple of nights my brother had been sneekin in to my room n closing off connections of ppl that are donwloading form me and that can get anoyign at times lol would imajin the same for every one in the same kinda situation)
Task Manager -> End Task (hfs.exe)  :o

Offline Mr. Anon

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
BA9-6: Compressed Browsing Does Not Work
HFS sends the HTML as plain text even if Compressed Browsing is checked? Any explanations?

FA9+-3: Framed Upload Page
After looking at your "to-do" list, you gave me an idea.
What about making a frame on upload pages so the left frame shows the progress and the right frame shows the main upload page?
That way, a user does not have to open a separate window to look at their upload process.

Check pm, rejetto :)

Offline Terminal-Access

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
@Mr. Anon

lol i know that it dosent direct ur  dns server e.t.c  as i run my own lol :P lol

thats whay i posted about  my  url redirect   abouve the post  

the one posted by Guest with
Code: [Select]
<HTML>
<head>
<TITLE>page name here</TITLE>
<META NAME="description" CONTENT=" ">
<META NAME="keywords" CONTENT=" ">
<meta name="Robots" content="INDEX,FOLLOW">
</head>
<frameset rows="100%,*" border=0 frameborder=0 framespacing=0>
<frame src="http://ip-address here:port here/" name="url discription here">
</frameset>
</html>

was posted by me  lol

You could use HFS to redirect your browser to somewhere else however.

This feature is possible if rejetto adds a FTP engine into HFS that modifies the HTML on the remote redirection server. But since there are a lot of features pending on the "To-Do" list, I don't think this will be in HFS anytime soon.

^ i was acctually   talking aboutt hat should have explaned my self a bit better lol

and as to end tasking  HFS
 not n option as i need it runnin 24/7
ee Wickham
eMedia-ltd

Offline Mr. Anon

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
What I meant is can't your brother just end task hfs.exe in the middle of the night and close all of your connections anyways?
You should lock your computer instead. ;)

Offline Terminal-Access

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
lol , no he wont as he has  an area on that also he closes it off so that his frineds can dwonlaod  or he can downlaod  him self    but neway i though it would make a nice  feature to implamnet never the less
ee Wickham
eMedia-ltd

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
BA9-6: you forgot the Accept-Encoding: gzip ;)
FA9+-3: interesting

@Terminal: did you read the answer Rafi gave you?

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
id be happy to set ya up a storage space on the server.
thank you. luckily i don't need it ATM.

if you minamize it to your systray you can opt to have it ask for a password when you want to return to the password
hmm...this would work only until someone does not kill hfs process. the clean way to protect your HFS is to use the multi-user features of your OS. do you use WinXP ?

Offline Terminal-Access

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
yes i do use windows xp how ever my computer is logged in to my workspace area (only one on my computer) 24/7 as im running a home network and a part time buisness via this workstation/server (my brother has his own computer conected to the net via my lan, and when im sleeping at night he sneaks in n disabled or terminates ne one  donwloading from hfs , yes i could  lock the workstation out but tis alotta hastle just to lock some one out of 1 program , plus i have serveral other programs runnig simultaniously with hfs that need monitoring  so i cant really lock the workstation plus ppl contacting me on  msn messenger also e.t.c just though it spunde  like a nice ide thats all :)
ee Wickham
eMedia-ltd