rejetto forum

error message

pcs800 · 7 · 2418

Offline pcs800

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
I keep getting an error box that comes up with no program name on it. I suspect it is from HFS. It says "Aborted By User", and that's it.
Anyone know what this is or how to get rid of it?

Offline maverick

• Tireless poster
  • Computer Solutions
    • View Profile
What exactly were you doing just before that message popped up?
maverick

Offline pcs800

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
HFS runs on a file server, so I never see exactly when it pops up since I only look at the server once per day.
But I think there have been user uploads each time it happens.
Even if the upload was successful it seems the next time I look at the file server, the message is there.

Could the HFS installation be corrupt? I attempted to upload a fairly large file a few weeks ago and it stopped half way through. I just restarted the machine and never thought about it again.

Offline maverick

• Tireless poster
  • Computer Solutions
    • View Profile
I just did a test here.  I aborted a HFS upload and didn't see a message like that.  So I'm thinking that message is from another app running in the background.

You also mention that "HFS runs on a file server".  As HFS is a file server by itself it sounds like you are running a file server within another file server.  Is that right?  If so, maybe there is a conflict between the two servers when certain things are done causing that error message.

Also, in HFS (in expert mode) go to Menu -> upload and see what your settings are at.  These settings have nothing to do with that error message but it's a good way to manage duplicate and aborted uploads.  You didn't mention what version of HFS you are running.

You mention that a large upload of your's aborted about half-way through.  How large was that upload?  There are browser limitations -> 2GB for Opera and IE and 4GB for firefox.

Hope any of this helps.
maverick

Offline pcs800

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
The server acts as a backup/file server. HFS is the only file server app running on it.

The file I was uploading was about 150MB across a gigabit network, so it was moving fast and then choked.

I will check that setting in the menu.

Thanks for the reply.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
well, that message is not in any HFS source, so i can say 99% it is not from HFS

Offline pcs800

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Ok, thanks. i will look elsewhere within the server then.