rejetto forum

PSP and passworded feeds

Guest · 27 · 10332

silkman

Thanks to pspportal and reading many posts here i have managed to set up a web server (the easy part) and finally a rss audio feed that my psp can find and play the audio from when connected to my lan.

As i have set up the web server to be available via the internet i have set up username and password on HFS software for the index page and the music folder.
This works fine and dandy at my work, as  i use winamp which asks for a username and password  first and then streams the mp3 ok.

My problem is that i have to remove the password from the music folder to be able to use the feed on the psp- (i have to to do this at home too on my lan feed) as there dosnt seem to be a prompt for user/pass when reading the channel!    (of course the psp does ask me for user/pass when i actually go to my pspportal page to add the feed)

i know its a longshot that  someone could find my ip , then my open port and type hfs folder name into IE.    
 ie. http://65.554.433.222:6543/stuffforhfs/
but it is possible and thats why i really want the 'stuffforhfs' folder passworded.so if anyone bypasses the pspportal page they still have to type in a username.

has anyone got any ideas on this ??  

thanks silky

Offline SiY11

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile

Offline SiY11

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
I was thinking and I believe only Sony can fix this problem in a next firmware update if they ever do it. Sony would have to implement support for passwords in rss feeds so all we can do is wait what does everyone else think?

Offline SiY11

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Im ganna ask around the PSP Networking forums and see if there is a way to work this.

Offline SiY11

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Its 3:27am here so I am going to get some sleep I will try to see if there is a way to work this without waiting for a firmware update for the PSP.

Anonymous

Well everyone seems to ignore my posts so I think it’s safe to say it will have to be done by Sony in a firmware update.

Offline SiY11

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
OMG it doesn’t log me in automatically lol.

Anonymous

Quote from: "SiY11"
OMG it doesn’t log me in automatically lol.
You Need cookies and javascript enabled.

Offline silky

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
hiya siy11

sorry i missed ya postings....i'd given up looking for replys after a week..lol

i guess no one else wants to protect the files like we do.

maybe we could post a FIX IT to sony somehow, and ask them if its a possibility!!?

Anyhow thanks for replying...let me know if u find out anything..i will do same.

Silky.

Offline SiY11

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
How would I contact Sony about that would it be under support on there site? Let me know where to do it and I will leave a suggestion to them for there next firmware and start a signing forum under general and networking in the PSP forums.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
i know nothing about PSP.
can't you just unprotect the RSS file?

Offline SiY11

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Yah that’s what I do butt I don’t want to do that because the folder to which my song is has to be unprotected as well as the RSS file I really didn’t want to whole world to view and download my music files because I am scared of the record companies I don’t have enough money to go to court for something like that. I don’t want them to say I am pirating there music because I put it on a public server. I don’t want to buy a 2 GB flash drive for my PSP to store music on it when I can stream it.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
i told the RSS file, not the music
you can keep the RSS file in another folder (likely the upper one)

Offline SiY11

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Quote from: "rejetto"
i told the RSS file, not the music
you can keep the RSS file in another folder (likely the upper one)

I don’t understand what you are saying. My RSS file is in a diff folder than my music and the reason I put my music folder on the HFS is so I can have access to it from any ware in the world and I wanted it protected so only I can have access.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
ok, so you can protect the folder with the music and leave unprotected the folder with RSS