AYEHAN · 10 · 5724

Offline AYEHAN

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
damn this beta 176 uses tooooooo much RAM

Offline Metaltailz

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Wow, that is using a LOT of ram. Try upgrading to beta 177 and see if there is a change, maybe it is because you were serving something out?
Current Project: Template based on Windows Home Server

Offline godlev

• Occasional poster
  • Thank god i am VIP
    • View Profile
you are using too much virtual folders, thats why your HFS is using so much RAM...  ;)

Try to convert all the folders to REAL and you will see big difference... even your start-up with HFS will be much faster...

last year I was using virtual folders too, but after i face this problem I've switched them to REAL and now everything is ok  ::)

Offline Foggy

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
I have noticed this as well but it only happens to me when hfs is serving a request with a lot of macro's. what template are you using and approximately how many items do you have in a normal folder.

Offline bacter

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
There is not only a difference with real and virtual folders.

A lot of macros doesn't matter if they need not to be invoked repeatadly. But you will notice if you have huge macros in the files dependent section!

What especially increases memory usage (and cpu power) are the use of ?recursive and search. Also  the construction of single pages with large filelists, especially if they contain images and thumbnails eat up a lot of memory.

With normal use and pages with not to much content, memory usage in my case is between 5 and 15 Mbytes, but creating huge lists with recursive it can go to 50...100 Mbytes!

What might be a bug, is if hfs uses a lot of memory to build a page, it doesn't release the memory which is not more used. So, after a recursive search, hfs still retains for example 40 Mbytes, even if all clients are disconected!

So i think if you have some users are requesting a recursive listing or search, your some hundred Mbytes uses by hfs is completly normal.

your computer has no brain - use your own !

Offline MarkV

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
I guess HFS will release the memory over time. A while ago we had a discussion here in the forums about large file lists. AFAIK the outcome was that HFS caches them for a while.
http://worldipv6launch.org - The world is different now.

Offline bacter

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
If it's not a simple coincidence in time, it seems that hfs doesn't release used memory while the hfs windows is on screen. Once closed the hfs window and remaining only the tray-icon, memory is released.
your computer has no brain - use your own !

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
damn this beta 176 uses tooooooo much RAM

that's probably a bug, but i need to know much more than this to find it and fix it.
are you able to reproduce it?

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
If it's not a simple coincidence in time, it seems that hfs doesn't release used memory while the hfs windows is on screen. Once closed the hfs window and remaining only the tray-icon, memory is released.

that's not HFS. Any program behaves this way, AFAIK. That's how Windows manage RAM. I guess it swap/release RAM when you minimize a program because it's supposed you are going to use another one.

Offline AYEHAN

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
i am using Real folder and total 12 folders

beta 174 working fine

search working fine with no CPU or RAM access usage in beta 174

my total 24 hour traffic is about 20 GB with Beta 174 and works fine

recrusive is disabled

TCG v 3 is what am using