rejetto forum

Restore default Template Editor?

Offline Sophia_NOT_Loren

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Hi there!

I'm using HFS 2.3 Beta #247 -- I don't know if this might have happened in earlier versions, and I have not used the "save old version" option.

Just looked today at editing the .tpl included with HFS, but I used the "Change Editor..." menu item to use Notepad++ and now I cannot figure out how to once again use the built-in HTML Template Editor!

I have cleared options, I have closed HFS and checked file type association in Windows Explorer, confirmed that there is no entry for .TPL, and checked inside Notepad++ to make sure it isn't trying to associate with .tpl files... but even after clearing options, when I select "Edit..." or press F6, the .tpl file is opened in Notepad++ again.

I thought perhaps if I tried Change Editor and selected HFS.exe that it might work, but this only offers to import the .tpl as current (which makes sense, I suppose, if I were to double-click a template file and have it install.)

Can anyone help me?  I simply wish to set the editor used for .tpl files back to the built-in editor.

Thanks!
'Cause with all the changes you've been through, it seems the stranger's always you -- alone again in some new Wicked Little Town...

Offline SilentPliz

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
  • ....... chut ! shh!
    • View Profile
Welcome Sophia...!  :D   

The "built-in HTML Template Editor" is no longer included in versions 2.3 beta, since some time.
The choice of an external editors is more open now.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 06:47:08 PM by SilentPliz »

Offline SilentPliz

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
  • ....... chut ! shh!
    • View Profile
... I forgot

Drag and drop an .tpl file on the interface of HFS is enough now to install a new template.