rejetto forum

RAWR-Template-0.0.1 BETA

Guest · 16 · 9589

Alexandra

Excelent!  ;)

Very good template. BIG thanks!

« Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 02:19:56 PM by That_Stevens_Guy »

TheEngineer

Done what you have said, Unzipped the main RAWR Template folder into my HFS folder,  Then I have imported the tpl, applied and OK. If I connect to HFS, all I see is a corrupt web page with no graphics, just text with place markers for graphics.
So what went wrong? Using 167 beta
regards, Mick

Offline SilentPliz

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
  • ....... chut ! shh!
    • View Profile
Done what you have said, Unzipped the main RAWR Template folder into my HFS folder,  Then I have imported the tpl, applied and OK. If I connect to HFS, all I see is a corrupt web page with no graphics, just text with place markers for graphics.
So what went wrong? Using 167 beta
regards, Mick

Authorizes the Template folder for all users in your VFS, then hide it.
It must operate
« Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 02:31:29 AM by SilentPliz »

TheEngineer

Thanks. Are you saying that I should make the RAWR folder a Virtual folder in my VFS, then hide it?

EDIT: Aha, just done what I said, it works. I think the hidden template folder needs to be password protected?
thanks, now to play...
HNY
« Last Edit: January 14, 2008, 06:05:33 PM by That_Stevens_Guy »

Offline Foggy

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
No need to password protect it, all you have to do is add the template folder into the root of the vfs so that any users can access the files.

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
I'll have a new release of this template out sometime soon, probably on the weekend, it will have an additional theme, and some template modifications i am working on to ease theme creation and addition. Once i have made 4 default themes, i will leave it open for users to make their own themes for the template and post them, the best ones will be included in the template package.

The themes i will make, will include 4 different coloured templates where the blue parts are on this beta. Blue, Red, Green i think will be the layout but i haven't made up my mind yet.

I'll get a beta page up for this template tomorrow on www.rawr-designs.com for those who check our projects there.

http://www.rawr-designs.com/template
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 02:48:47 PM by That_Stevens_Guy »

Offline parade

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Installed it as usual. Template folder is in root-hfs.
There is no reaction on preview-button at all. ???

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs

Offline parade

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Can you show me a screenshot?

Not necessary.
Your TPL is magic. ;)
After install I checked the functions for about 15 minutes and there was no reaction to the preview-button.
Then I left it alone for a coffee and now after about 45 minutes the preview works.

Special german characters also work in MP3s.

Just one question:
Will future releases look like that or will there be some variations not only in color but in the look of the tables?
I'm far away from critizing but there were 2 main reasons for me in the past to choose TOG.

1. Preview possibility
2. Giving a lot of file-information without using too much space in vertical direction.

I am interested to show as much files as possible on the screen. Now with the new design you put file informations in a second line, which means together with my decript.ion-information line there are 3 lines, which take more room in vertical direction. In the other hand I have plenty of unused space now on both sides of the displayed frame and I have a classical 5:4 monitor. As more and more people switch to wide-screen monitors they will have even more unused space than me.

I just counted the lines of files in both tpls shown on the screen:
ToG 3.0: 16
New blue template: 12
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 04:20:30 PM by parade »

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
Thanks I am happy that the special character problem is resolved.  :D :o ::)

The table layout was a design choice. It is hard to find a balance between clutter and readability, i believe we have found a medium with this layout. The overall layout of the template probably wont change. I'm trying to create a standard layout so people can make new themes. I am getting to work on the 3 default themes, users can post themes and i will add the ones i feel are best to the archive, there are rules to follow when creating themes, i want them to be simple with no drastic changes, basically change of colors in the css and change of images is permitted, but within the bounds of the theme folder, you will see what i mean in next release.

The ToG won't change its table layout. Only the quicklinks column is planned to change, I wont be releasing another ToG until this template is complete, then i'll get to work adding all these new HFS Macro features to the ToG. The ToG badly needs to be re-written, its aging and i find it hard to include new template features, some of the code is over a year old now! It wasn't built with the future in mind, i might use this template as a base for that.

I have some cool news for people, implementing the templates will be one click of a button soon! rejetto has made another outstanding macro feature :)

Offline parade

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Thanks I am happy that the special character problem is resolved.  :D :o ::)

:'(
Sorry, not all over.
I had some time to make some more tests.

The following characters don't work:
+
&

& worked with TOG 3.0

As there is only one band - (+44) - in my MP3s with a "+" in the name, there are a lot of artists with a "&". It is quite common to take the "&" instead of "and".
Do you think you can fix this, because it was no problem in ToG 3.0?

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
& and + have the following problems, & is seen as another flashvar, so flash reads the value after its place as a new flashvar, it is the same as url vars, so no i really can't fix this one without figuring out the encoding which causes other problems. + is just a known troublemaker, it might have something to do with flashvars also, i could try encoding these characters but i really don't want to play around with it anymore, the code is simple the way it is atm. It wasn't a problem in the ToG cause i escape() the file variable, in this new version i am relying on HFS's url encoding, maybe rejetto could make all & and + in the filename part of %item-full-url% encoded then it will be fine i guess.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 06:37:24 PM by That_Stevens_Guy »

Offline parade

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Just another feature that is quite irritating and I think will be irritating for users too:

You place the icons in a separate column and especially if there is a folder-icon everyone will try to klick on it, to change to that folder.
In ToG without separate icon I was used to open a folder clicking on the icon-folder-name as a unit.

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
That is a tough thing to include, i thought about it when implementing, i might be able to make a hit area with a span for folders, i will see how it goes tomorrow.

EDIT: Done, it breaks w3c rules but its the best method i could come up with.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2008, 11:40:51 AM by That_Stevens_Guy »

Offline parade

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
I like the design of your template and I had a closer look at the code to customize some details for my need.
It is not so easy to understand all of the code for a beginner.

There is one thing I want to change and I find no way to do:
If there is a folder-comment it shown in an additional white line with white background between the 2 blue lines.
First it disturbs the look a little bit because the second blue line is interrupted and so situated 1 line below the folder-blue-line an the right.
Second I would like to place the folder-comment in the second blue line.

Any suggestion how to do this?