rejetto forum

hfs over notebook without internet and lan

Offline nodosur

• Occasional poster
  • Mamá !... donde estoy ?...
    • View Profile
    • www.no2ur.com.ar .:. Nodo Sur .:. Diseño Web + Hosting + TI
is it possible problems since, on having tried to use the environment http, error accuses me that I have no connection and to continue must select " to work without connection " but always there appears the annoying cartel of which I am not connected, can this be avoided of any form?

I want to show pages in format html and there me appears the error that I must get connected to see them...

my intention is to prove to be models of pages html in a web environment from my notebook but on not having been connected to Internet and the lan, the cartel always appears that not this page is not accessible for not being connected .... but the page aims at my notebook .. it does not have any external link

on having worked with a notebook without coneccion to Internet and not being connected to a network, which is the form to prevent from appearing the cartel of which it is not got connected and which I must work without connection.

my intention is to arm an intranet for demonstrations running on a notebook without any type of connection

I want to make use of pages html that call others but I need that there does not appear the cartel of which it is not got connected.

but if I connect the notebook to the lan and to Internet no cartel appears.

my HFS v.2.3#209 working over VISTA.

thanks
 :'(
« Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 04:56:06 PM by nodosur »
Salu2 a To2
®

Offline bacter

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
I'm not sure to hace understood what you mean exactly. But:

If our laptop isn't connected to any type of network nor through a modem, it's normal that the browser advices you about that fact.

If you plan to set up an intranet, you need a lan, then the problem of missing connection doesn't exist any more.

your computer has no brain - use your own !

Offline nodosur

• Occasional poster
  • Mamá !... donde estoy ?...
    • View Profile
    • www.no2ur.com.ar .:. Nodo Sur .:. Diseño Web + Hosting + TI
I have running HFS on the ntk, BUT if I have her connected to the LAN and to Internet, no problem exists.

The problem appears when I disconnect it, there there appears the cartel that to make use of the pages I must get connected.

The need is to have the ntk to do demonstrations using an environment intranet.
When that happens and on not having been connected, there there appears the cartel of which I must work without connection.
Salu2 a To2
®

Offline MarkV

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Try installing the Microsoft Loopback network device.

-Control Panel - Hardware
-Select the option to select the device yourself
-Select 'network device', let it build the list
-Microsoft -> Microsoft Loopback device
-Finish the installation

This will give you an IP in the range 169.254.x.x and should enable the access to your HFS even without any connection.

Note: As my Windows is in German language, the actual descriptions could vary slightly. Plus this is for Vista, for XP it should be similar or the same.
http://worldipv6launch.org - The world is different now.