rejetto forum

Video Support in HFS using VLC ready

mysoogal · 94 · 100350

Offline Zerofool

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Hi, it doesn't work with latest VLC. But there are some updates on the scripts that are used, to make it work. Few weeks ago I played with it and finally made the template work with the latest VLC. These scripts were updated again few days ago, so I incorporated this update as well. I'm uploading my version, hopefully it will be of some use. It is work in progress (the directory structure is big mess, there are also some unused files), but it's been quite some time since I promised to share it, so here it is (finally).

1.4.1a Changelog:

Fixes/new things:

-optimized sizes of elements and spacings for screen resolution of 1280x*** and higher.
 -updated RAWR Player to v1.0.2
 -updated Revolunet VLCcontrols to latest version (from 01.09.10)
 -added rules for more file formats
 -sort by filename, size.. buttons are back (although ugly and with unoptimized positions, WIP)
 -finally fixed de-interlacing with VLC
 -playback of files with ' in the name is now fine, thanks to fix in HFS 2.3 build 263
 -changed some icons
 -slightly modified background image
 -the tutorial page is updated
 -fixed the Chrome white border problem I wrote about
 -some other cosmetic fixes I can't remember right now

Known issues:

-fullscreen with VLC doesn't work for now (known VLC bug)
 -progress bar of VLC "window" is visible only in IE, I have no idea how to fix that for Firefox/Chrome/Opera (it's still clickable though ;))
 -probably some other bugs I've added with my changes :)

Some notes:

-to play .mp4 files with DivX Web Player, you need v2.1 Beta (or later)
 -de-interlacing with VLC is disabled by default, to enable it, open the .tpl file then find and change player.options.set("deinterlace", 0) to player.options.set("deinterlace", 1). You can also change player.options.set("deinterlace-mode", "bob") to use other de-interlacer, like "yadif" or "yadif2x".

If I have progress on something I'll post it. Help from other users is always welcome. :)

VLC_Blue_1.4.1a_full.7z 1.03MB
@ MegaUpload | @ MediaFire
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 01:38:51 PM by rejetto »

GuruKrish

Hi,

I Am Guru. I am very intrested of customize this VLC template for my use. I wonder that why VLC not playing in user authenticated mode. It is not playing in just saying paused status. Any one fix for this. In unauthenticated mode it is working file.

Regards,
K.Guru.

mysoogals

Hi,

I Am Guru. I am very intrested of customize this VLC template for my use. I wonder that why VLC not playing in user authenticated mode. It is not playing in just saying paused status. Any one fix for this. In unauthenticated mode it is working file.

Regards,
K.Guru.

it seems the videolans web plug-in module that deals with http and auth are probably not written to support protected file or directory, if you use the installed videolan.exe the application and try to play a protected file it will ask you to input your user-name and password, so my only guess somewhere in videolans web based plug-in http modules were not written the same as the application modules thus you get no auth ability , somebody needs to dig into videolans web plug-in module and add that feature

thats what i think

GuruKrishnan

it seems the videolans web plug-in module that deals with http and auth are probably not written to support protected file or directory, if you use the installed videolan.exe the application and try to play a protected file it will ask you to input your user-name and password, so my only guess somewhere in videolans web based plug-in http modules were not written the same as the application modules thus you get no auth ability , somebody needs to dig into videolans web plug-in module and add that feature

thats what i think

That is fine and Wish you Havppy New Year 2011  Mr mysoogals

I tried to play web page of inbuild VLC plugin with HFS in free mode and some of my old systems are hangs while loading files. So that i decide to play it with external VLC and it is working fine. So my new idea is to add and play clicked items into vlc playlist. Do you have code to do that. For the time being i am using vlc_context_menu-0.7.2-fx.xpi for firefox. I want to play both IE and Firefox without plugin and i want to enable it in my webpage. Give me an Idea.

Regards,
Guru.