rejetto forum

How to configure

Guest · 3 · 1255

Rajesewar

Let me first tell you about my connection.I am not good in technical knowledge,so let me tell you the whole scenario..

We use cable net,they connected all of there customer thorough LAN . We get ip configuration like this

ip:           172.16.79.229
subnet:     255.255.255.192
gateway:  172.16.79.193

Now we divide this connection using router.. and got ip like 192.168.0.105 for individual computer.

Now when a user in the bigger lan (I mean whose ip is like 172.16.xx.xxx) creates a server I can download from there.But he can't download from the server created by me.

I forwarded the port,and it pass the self test.

What to do?Please help me. I want to use such beautiful software. Thanks for reading.
  :)

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
mmm, it's because the self test will tell you your external address, but this is not the one you should tell your friend.
I'll try to be detailed but clear.

You actually have 192* address, and outer 172* address, and then an internet address 116*.
This is while you go from inside to outside (the internet).

The 192* will work only in your apartment (or those who connect to your router).
The 172* will work for those who use the same cable net.
The 116* will work for no body, since you cannot configure the outer router to forward the port ;)

So tell your friend your 172* address.
If you don't know such address, you can
1. read it in your router web administration
OR
2. open the command line (prompt) and use the command: tracert google.com

Rajeswar

mmm, it's because the self test will tell you your external address, but this is not the one you should tell your friend.
I'll try to be detailed but clear.

You actually have 192* address, and outer 172* address, and then an internet address 116*.
This is while you go from inside to outside (the internet).

The 192* will work only in your apartment (or those who connect to your router).
The 172* will work for those who use the same cable net.
The 116* will work for no body, since you cannot configure the outer router to forward the port ;)

So tell your friend your 172* address.
If you don't know such address, you can
1. read it in your router web administration
OR
2. open the command line (prompt) and use the command: tracert google.com

Thanks It working..