rejetto forum

Strange problem 2

Ranko · 3 · 4742

Offline Ranko

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Hi, folks!
I'm behind router and router configured properly. I mean HFS worked fine for about 2 or 3 weaks and ports forwarded.
Suddenly access to my external IP over HTTP became REALLY slow. It loads hours and usually disonnects by timeout.
SelfTest says it's all OK with my HFS and it should work fine, but it doesn't! Access over my internal IP or even localhost works perfectly.
First i thought i need to update version of HFS but now i have 2.2d and it doesn't work too.
What can i do? Help!

Offline Mars

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Some routers agree to forward a request towards an external ip from the local area network, but as a general rule, it is not possible to use the external address to reach a http server because the router blocks the outgoing weft. The only known means is to connect to his Web server by using an external proxy server.

I want to clarify that there are particular cases, but that it remains exptionnel. And it is not taken into account with the use of a Dynamic DNS.

You can find in the forum some topic to configure a router, if self-test is good , the router work correctly with the extenal IP, you can use a second computer to test your server through the local network IP of HFS (generaly 192.168.1.x). 

that's all.

хорошая храбрость.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 11:19:43 AM by mars »

Offline Ranko

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Thx, mars.

You can find in the forum some topic to configure a router
As i said before my router configured properly already. HFS wokred before, and i know how to configure that devise, believe me. Not only for HFS router forwards ports now and it does that correctly. Other programms works. HFS does not.

you can use a second computer to test your server through the local network IP of HFS
thx, man, but read carefully: "Access over my internal IP or even localhost works perfectly"

because the router blocks the outgoing weft
ok. i'll check if my router suddenly gone crazy. everything possible. thx.