rejetto forum

Feature Requests

Offline almulder

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Here are some requests I would like to see.

1) In regards to "My Stuff" screen, I would like to see this "Private Files"  "My Shared Files" "Public Files"
.    "Private Files"     Would be nice if the admin had the option of turning this feature on and off for users. (Not show button at all)
.    "My Shared Files" Would be nice if the could be linked to the private files so there are not duplicates uploaded. Also password protect the downloading of them, set by the user as needed and password as needed. Also ability to turn on and off this feature for users.
.    "Public Files" Ability to turn on and off this feature"

2) Ability to Disable (Not Delete) Accounts.

3) Ability to disable the "Create a New Account!"

4) Change the "Create a New Account!" to "Request an account" and have the email go to admin for approval. Admin would approve in "Control Panel" and once approved email would automatically send to requested user for email verification.

5) Ability to turn on and off "Click to Open Public Uploader" access and access to the files.

6) Ability to change the file size limit and amount of files for Public Uploader

7) Layout Themes for user to pick from not just colors. (Not sure if this is possible now or not)

8) Log in page themes (Changeable in Control Panel)

9) ability to add/remove/edit requested optional info from new accounts.

10) Clicking login will force login to HTTPS site. (able to Turn on and off option)

11) During account creations force user to pick the 2 security questions.

12) Ability for users to check if they have been approved for an account or not (Via their email address)

13) Ability for users to have a auto resend validation emails if their account has been approved. (Via their email address)

(More to come if ya want!)

-almulder

Again Thanks for such a great program. I love this new project FHFS

If there is anything i can do to help, I will try. (Just let me know)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 07:48:04 AM by almulder »

Offline raybob

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • FileSplat.com
1) In regards to "My Stuff" screen, I would like to see this "Private Files"  "My Shared Files" "Public Files"
.    "Private Files"     Would be nice if the admin had the option of turning this feature on and off for users. (Not show button at all)
.    "My Shared Files" Would be nice if the could be linked to the private files so there are not duplicates uploaded. Also password protect the downloading of them, set by the user as needed and password as needed. Also ability to turn on and off this feature for users.
.    "Public Files" Ability to turn on and off this feature"

I'm not quite sure what you're asking.  In 3.0 anyway there won't be separate sections, just one 'My Files' page where individual files can be set to be private or shared.  I'm not sure how public folders will work in this scenario though.  Anyway yes, I already have it written down for admin to be able to disable either the private or shared sections, that might come in 2.1.

2) Ability to Disable (Not Delete) Accounts.

You can already do that in the admin console.  In the user table, there's a 'disable' button in between 'Reset Password' and 'Delete'.

3) Ability to disable the "Create a New Account!"

Oh dear I just discovered a serious bug, tested present in all official 2.0.x releases but not the betas.. Anyway you can already do this in the admin console.  Just open up features.db with notepad, and change the part that says NEWACCOUNTS=1; to NEWACCOUNTS=0;

4) Change the "Create a New Account!" to "Request an account" and have the email go to admin for approval. Admin would approve in "Control Panel" and once approved email would automatically send to requested user for email verification.
12) Ability for users to check if they have been approved for an account or not (Via their email address)

Noted.  But don't expect this for a while, it would take a fair bit of new code.

5) Ability to turn on and off "Click to Open Public Uploader" access and access to the files.

You can already do this in the admin console (though in 2.0.2 the settings fail to save).  To turn it off in 2.0.2, edit features.db as said above, but change the key called 'PUBLICUPLOAD'

6) Ability to change the file size limit and amount of files for Public Uploader

Noted.  Changing the file size limit will be easy to implement, the number of files, not so much because of the way IDs are posted and what not.

7) Layout Themes for user to pick from not just colors. (Not sure if this is possible now or not)
8) Log in page themes (Changeable in Control Panel)

Of course anything is possible :)  This would take a lot of time to code though, so anticipate it in 3.0.  Sadly though I'm not super great at CSS or making icons so other people would need to create the themes.

9) ability to add/remove/edit requested optional info from new accounts.

You can already disable the extra info fields in the admin console... adding or editing them requires manually editing newaccount.tpl and ajax.submission.tpl.

10) Clicking login will force login to HTTPS site. (able to Turn on and off option)

You can already force connections over SSL in the admin console, and this IS working in 2.0.2.

11) During account creations force user to pick the 2 security questions.

Why do you want to do this?  I might add this (disabled by default but optional for admin) sometime later.

13) Ability for users to have a auto resend validation emails if their account has been approved. (Via their email address)

Don't understand...

Again Thanks for such a great program. I love this new project FHFS

If there is anything i can do to help, I will try. (Just let me know)

Yay :)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 08:49:53 PM by raybob »

Offline raybob

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • FileSplat.com
Here's a fixed functions.tpl, to make its way into 2.0.3.  Paste it into your FHFS folder to make the admin feature settings save correctly.

I've been messing around with ^writedb for a while to get it just right, but I think I got it this time.  What really needs to be done is to have the features/installvars stored in ^data accounts like everything else, but this can't come until a major version.  (Reason the DB files are used is because early in development I started converting everything to use these, but realized they got slower as they got larger so I converted mostly everything back to ^data accounts, except for features/installvars since they didn't contain a ton of keys.)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 09:05:29 PM by raybob »

Offline almulder

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Thanks for getting back to me.

Between the two post i made you had asked what was i really trying to to.

Hope I can explain it correctly.

To put it simply - I would like all the ability of HFS into FHFS.

I use FHS for the fact I can have family log into the server and access files I share with them and can restrict access to folders as needed.

I want to switch to FHFS for all the other things your creating.

Here is what i would love to be able to do.

1) Let someone come to my server (FHFS) and request a login by creating an account / but needs to be accepted by Admin be for account is created.
        Once admin accepted and account is created, an email is sent to users email address for verification. after witch their account is created.

2) By Default New accounts will only have access to Personnel Files. Shared files will need to be turned on by admin. And Public files (Files I allow everyone to view, but can still control access from within FHS) also need to be turned on\add to their account as needed.

3) Letting user who have an account, use FTP to backup their computer to my server into their Private Folders so only they can access backed up files as needed. (Users will be using "Cobian Backup" for ftp connecting and archiving. It compresses and encrypt their info as they see fit. (Also a Freeware Program))

I know I could do the above manually, but i like the idea users have control over their content/passwords. Interface is more informative now aswell.

Basically I would like to see HFS and FHFS be combined into one project. I know it will take time and alot of work on your part, but then in the end your only working on one project instead of 2. And with the ability to control most aspects from within Admin Panel it should help favor most everyone (I would think).

I really appreciate your continued efforts with that your doing. Keep up the great work.

If you need me to clarify anything else let me know.

I don't really know how to program, or make themes. But I have been known to fake it until I make it with many programming things. (Google is my friend). So if there is any tweaking I can help with or testing I can do for you let me know.

-almulder

P.S. Where can we make donations at? (If you accept them.)