rejetto forum

Adding a search engine in HFS

Guest · 8 · 6396

Nucker

I want to ask you how can I add a search engine into the HFS Template. I want to make it with subcategories like audio,video,music etc. can someone help me ? :)

Offline maverick

• Tireless poster
  • Computer Solutions
    • View Profile
I want to ask you how can I add a search engine into the HFS Template.

Internal or External?

Internal Search engine - HFS doesn't support it.  However, that feature is in the to-do list. 

External Search engine - if you have a commercial search engine, just create a link to the engine in your HFS template. 

More Info - Do a forum search for "Search".
maverick

Offline TSG

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
The internal search is one of the features i am waiting for, but external is simple enough...

This where to get the google search for your own site...
http://www.google.com/searchcode.html

But as for internal search of your own files, LeDuFe gave me a program that could work alongside HFS that could search the files ;) search engine builder or something... cant remember what it was and i haven't tested it yet... I will post back when i have tested it... if i ever get around to it...

Offline maverick

• Tireless poster
  • Computer Solutions
    • View Profile
TSG

You might be thinking of Search Engine Builder Pro.  I have been using this commercial product for about 2 years.  It is very configurable and does a good job.  The author offers a free trial version.  You can get more info Here.  I haven't come across any freeware search engines.  As for web-based search engines they work, usually ad sponsored, but the biggest problem I have with them is letting the world know what files I have on my server.  You just don't know where that info ends up these days.

maverick
« Last Edit: December 22, 2006, 04:52:48 AM by maverick »
maverick

Offline TSG

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
Ye thats why i do not use the Google site search,  I do not want the world knowing about my stuff... I think the program i got from ledufe is in fact that program... I looked for freeware ones aswell, but no luck.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2006, 12:04:22 PM by That_Stevens_Guy »

Offline maverick

• Tireless poster
  • Computer Solutions
    • View Profile

Nucker

I want the search engine to search in the files I've shared. Not in google or some other site. Would Search Engine Builder Pro do the thing to help me add a search engine or not ? :)

Offline TSG

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
From what i have heard about it, yes, but i dont know how to use it yet, i have been too busy to get round to installing it, download the trial and give it a go  :D, http://www.aleadsoft.com/search-engine-builder-pro/index.php.