rejetto forum

Testing build #100

rejetto · 71 · 51534

Offline MarkV

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
the archive download is resumable.
of course as long as you don't change the content of the folder, because it would change the archive itself.

Resuming the download failed for me...

I'm testing with a 13GiB folder.

1st test was with FF2 internal download - 2 tests: download stopped after 480MiB, a few bytes more or less... just disconnected and 'done' LOL
2nd test was with Free Download Manager - failed completely (unknown network error)
3rd test is with Getright (still running) - when I pressed Pause to temporarily hold the download and then resumed, Getright told me that it 'could not find the file on this server'
4th test is with latest stable wget 1.10.2 - running great but resuming not tested yet.

So far so good...

MarkV

P.S. Second test with Getright was O.K., even resuming. Must have been a SNAFU with my system, don't know...
« Last Edit: May 06, 2007, 08:53:35 AM by MarkV »
http://worldipv6launch.org - The world is different now.

Offline maverick

• Tireless poster
  • Computer Solutions
    • View Profile
it's a virtual file. it never exists. every piece of it is built on demand and discarded after sending.
it's one of the coolest things i ever programmed ;D

Tested locally and works just fine.  Fast!

Stop/Resume works good.  Tested with Opera on a 200mb archive consisting of 60 files.

There are many *old* items left in the to-do list.  If it were me, I wouldn't waste time working on a folder archiver that also supports rar and/or zip.  Tar is good enough and solves the need for a HFS folder archiver.  Archive tools like winrar and others support opening most formats including tar archives.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2007, 05:37:29 AM by maverick »
maverick

Offline traxxus

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Omg i must be blind... how i can download a folder as an archive ?  ???

EDIT: ok.. its in the default template, and no in the trayon.

Oh and... why i can download a protected folder without "acces denied" message ? The folder was empty, but this solution is nasty.
im confused... please take a look at  http://traxxus.dyndns.org:100/

every folder has the same size if i want downlaod the folder as tar archive (impossible). whats wrong ?

Edit2: its so strong with this feature... please add a function, where i can choose which folder can downloaded as an archive or not !
« Last Edit: May 06, 2007, 02:18:43 PM by traxxus »
traxxus.dyndns.org:100

Offline Alons0

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • Alons0's site
rejetto please add %number-addresses-ever% to be active in the tray message. Please add it in the next version. And a question: why the tray is so big with empty rows(after writing and deleting rows)? Now there's 3 rows and 3 empty rows :'(
« Last Edit: May 06, 2007, 03:45:03 PM by Alons0 »

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
"so big" ?
it's a standard 16x16 as every tray icon

rows? are you talking about to the text message popping up when you mouse hover it?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2007, 05:07:14 PM by rejetto »

Offline maverick

• Tireless poster
  • Computer Solutions
    • View Profile
Nice, works perfectly so far for me, only problems i can see is if someone will have the ability to download all my files at once... we need a template symbol like the upload section where we can 'restrict archived downloading' to different folders. :)

True, with downloaders your files aren't that safe.  However, I have been successful so far (2+ years) by protecting the html of, for example, external folders that store my wallpapers which was a target in the past.  Downloaders don't even see them now.

To restrict archived downloading to certain folders, by showing a public link, you don't need special template symbols.  Just use the diff template feature for the folders you want to have the folder archive link in.  No other folders are involved.  Works very well here. 
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 06:44:44 AM by maverick »
maverick

Offline give2me

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
oh boy .........
this is going to end in a wet dream  ;D

but can someone explain how to use the code?
i can't get this thing started  :-[

edit: i did some editing on my template , because that was the reason it did not work.
Now it's working super !!  ;)

offtopic: I noticed that resetting on the logscreen (hits) is already fixed .
Very nice job
RESPECT
« Last Edit: May 07, 2007, 10:21:53 PM by give2me »

Esente

For the user that said this feature is only in the default template:

I don't know about trayon template?!? (The only template I use is ThunderChicken Of Glory). But you can find the place for the header, and add the following

<a href="~folder.tar?recursive">Folder archive</a>

For example, in ThunderChicken Of Glory template, find these codes:

<a href="#bottom">Bottom</a>      
&nbsp;•&nbsp;

and replace with:

&nbsp;•&nbsp;

I'm not trying to impress anybody. I'm also a noob at these, but I found out that small thing. Hope it helps whoever need it. Cheer.

BTW, cool features. It works perfectly for me.

Offline TSG

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
Nice work Esente, next build will have this feature and will also force people to upgrade their HFS hehe. or maybe i can just make a js to hide it ... meh lol

Offline Alons0

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • Alons0's site
"so big" ?
it's a standard 16x16 as every tray icon

rows? are you talking about to the text message popping up when you mouse hover it?
Yes i talk about the tray message. Now there's three rows with info (the ip, uptime and downloads) and 3 empty rows (after i added symbols and then deleted them).

Esente

Did I say "replace" in my previous post? My bad! What I really meant is inserting the 2nd codes after the 1st codes, not replacing it.

And, huh? I only have 3 rows with info in the tray messages. No empty row for me!

Offline Giant Eagle

• Tireless poster
  • >=3 RAWR!
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs.com
I don't know about trayon template?!? (The only template I use is ThunderChicken Of Glory). But you can find the place for the header, and add the following

HFS Terayon does not currently support this cause im waiting for a official release of HFS that supports this function before i release an update of HFS Terayon.

Anyway, the same can be achieved for Terayon by just following Esente's discription,

Look for the <span class="nav_top"> that 'Almost' looks the same as the one from below, but replace it with this one:

Code: [Select]
<span class="nav_top">
   <a href="/">Home</a> &#8226;
   <a href="">Refresh</a> &#8226;
   <a href="http://www.rejetto.com/forum/index.php?board=21.0" target="_blank">Forum</a> &#8226;
   <a href="%folder%~folder.tar?recursive">Dowload Archive</a> &#8226;
   <a href="">Current user: [%user%]</a> &#8226;
   <a href="~login">Login</a> &#8226;
   <a href="/template/about.html">About</a> &#8226;
   <a href="http://www.rejetto.com/forum/index.php?topic=4071.0" target="_blank">Help</a>
</span>

Shud do it

rejetto unlogged

HFS Terayon does not currently support this cause im waiting for a official release of HFS that supports this function before i release an update of HFS Terayon.

if you don't want to wait, or you want your tpl to work with older builds, you can detect the build with javascript

if ("%build%" == "100") echo "<a href='archive feature'> ..... ";

Offline Alons0

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • Alons0's site
And, huh? I only have 3 rows with info in the tray messages. No empty row for me!
I added symbols then deleted them and now there're 3 empty rows. Rejetto please help :-[

Offline Rafi

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Hi. can someone just tell me how to use this new archived downloading ? do I define something in the folder when I create it ?