rejetto forum

PFS - look at this, just like HFS

radd · 8 · 2891

Offline radd

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
i surf download.com, find this software. Personal File Server1.0a at http://www.download.com/Personal-File-Server/3000-2196_4-10341186.html?tag=lst-0-7

look at the GUI, the page.. very very similar.

i will use this on port 8080 today so that you can have a look at the page. haha, they also have edit html template.

i wonder if this program take advantage of free HFS. this program is not free. i only have 20 minutes session, you better have a look fast.

here
http://radd.myftp.org:8080/

edit
they can use same vfs, same template as HFS. what is this?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2007, 08:27:27 AM by radd »

Offline TSG

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
hmm... HFS is open source...
rejetto may want to take a look at this...
who would pay for that program when they can use HFS which is free and open...

i might be wrong... but this looks like an old build of HFS with some modifications...

i hope this person isn't taking advantage of free HFS and its open source code...

Edit: Had a talk to Flynsarmy over msn about it, he remembers a post about a guy selling an old version, so it might be ok.

Flynsarmy says (7:26PM):
no there was 1 guy who rejetto knows is selling an old version of hfs as a new product
he gave the guy permission to do it

« Last Edit: August 11, 2007, 01:04:21 PM by That_Stevens_Guy »

Offline Flynsarmy

• Occasional poster
  • DENIED!
    • View Profile
    • Flynsarmy
I remember someone posted a whiel back on this forum abuot some guy selling HFS as a different
product. I can't remember if it was this product or not but it turned out rejetto had given the guy
permission to do it so don't jump the gun here.

Offline radd

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
if rejetto say so, i can say nothing. but if this software sell by a company, i dont think it is right to do.

Offline maverick

• Tireless poster
  • Computer Solutions
    • View Profile
This is very old news.  PFS is based on, if I remember correctly, HFS v1.6.  Here is a quote from rejetto that should answer your questions.

Quote from: rejetto
hi guys :)
i'm happy to see such entusiasm in protecting my work, but i must say that people at http://powernetservers.com/ actually purchased a license from me to do what they are doing.
so, don't blame them, they are not only legal, but they gave me money for it :)
of course HFS will stay free, but they are licensed to do their work.
maverick

Offline radd

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
hahaha, sorry everybody. ok, now i know. sorry rejetto, sorry to Wrinx Labs  totally my bad. hehe.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
well, Wrinx is a different company, but they also purchased a license.
i actually never got the money, but it was my fault (i was very busy at the time), but i signed the contract, so they have some rights on HFS 2.0 (but not on 2.1).

Offline radd

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
hmm.. they use your program and u havent got the money.. i might not have right to say something but i can see you at disadvantage. if they need to pay, it doesnt matter u buzzy or not, there are many way to pay.