rejetto forum

LAN troubles

Guest · 7 · 1920

geerad

i am having trouble getting this all to work. i have the HFS all set up with the folders and I am only trying to connect to the HFS server on my PS3 which is behind a router along with my computer through a switch. everytime i try to connect on the PS3, it keeps telling me that a "network error occured" and it cant be displayed. is there something i am doing wrong here?

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
what's the local IP for your PS3, and what's (local) for your HFS

geerad

the local IP on the PS3 is 192.168.1.101

the local IP on the HFS is 192.168.1.25

do these need to match or something? ??? :-\

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
they seems to be correct
i know nothing about PS3, but several other people talked about it here, do a search

geerad

yeah i know, i already tried doing a search but i wasnt able to find anything useful, hence why i posted this :(

hopefully someone who can relate to whats going on with mine can steer me in the right direction  :-\

Offline TSG

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
I have a ps3, awesomecore >_< !, you mean through the ps3 browser? i can get to my hfs... it just works like any browser, maybe you haven't got your ports forwarded correctly.

geerad

OK now i can view everything i enabled to be seen but all the pictures are Red X's and it wont let me download any music onto the PS3 without giving an error

how do i fix this now?  :'(