to rejetto about templates

Mars · 22 · 13091

Offline Giant Eagle

• Tireless poster
  • >=3 RAWR!
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs.com
You know ;D there's something thats called 'JavaScript' that can do all this

Anyway, the %message% idea.. i dont get it. You have to give someone a direct link with the message already stored in the url, and hope they are already logged in cause else they wont even see it. It ruins the idea of having a personal message.

And different language support is nice and all.. but its a file server, not a weblog or something. The most text that will be displayed are the names and the stats of the files that are being served. If you want to host your file server in a different language, then go ahead and be my guest. But i dont think that multi-language or personal message support should be considered more important than remote file deletion or folder creation.

If i get it all wrong, please correct me. But this is just my opinion

Offline Mars

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Thank you for your point of view, but what I present in this post is only the visible part of the iceberg.

If you can present me a function javascript which makes the same result  as I wish to obtain then you are hardly, it seems to me that the javascript runs only on the customer and not on the server.

As for %user%, it is introduced by the url when you become identified and then it is available for hfs under the shape of a defined variable, it is this principle which I want to spread(widen).

What you propose me is only the recursion, while what I look for by this means it is an interactivity enters the user and hfs.

My question will thus be: how to make cross(spend) a parameter by the url to use a trick(thing) of the kind(genre):

If condition(url) then includehere(%section1%) else includehere%section2%;

I hope not that is possible.

Offline TSG

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
Personal messages are a stupid idea.

I also agree with Giant Eagle about the language support, it is quite useless with a file server.

If there is a single thing i'd request of the templates, it is a proper login screen, not using %login-link% and jerry rigging it to give a login, but a proper login screen. Because even if a folder is unprotected you are shown a login screen with that method (if you were to direct link a friend for example). Simply because the user is not logged in.

And yes i think you could do the silly message idea with javascript. But you wont get me working on it any time soon.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2007, 02:01:28 PM by That_Stevens_Guy »

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
it is very hard for me to comprehend what you want in little time.
and these days i have very little time, i'm working hard.
maybe i would comprehend more if you post in français, but be concise.
or ask TCube for help.

additional hint: use different topics for different requests. a long thread is harder to follow.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2007, 02:09:26 PM by rejetto »

Offline bacter

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
2. The possibility of spending this type of affectation by using the url

http://myserver.rejetto.hfs/folder1/folder2/?var$VAR1=value&var$Lang=my%20text&....&sort=n&limit=....

In your posts some day ago (http://www.rejetto.com/forum/index.php?topic=4990.msg1028367#msg1028367) you didn't want such 'subtleties' like ?lang=... and user parameters for hfs. ... Now you need a kind of them, and even .... with "exactly this syntax" !!!

I am with Giant Eagle, that for values local to a template, with Java-script, we can do almost everything.
Where I see the problem, is to pass values once established by the user, to a next template. I did'nt want conditional html generation by use of parameters, because this implies a lot  more work in code. Your problem might be different, and I'm sorry not to understand the visible part of your iceberg, so I dont want to dive in that cold water to see the invisible rest.

I'm also with rejetto, perhaps if you write in french, you will be better understood.
your computer has no brain - use your own !

Offline Foggy

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
PHP and other server side languages arnt going to be here for a very long time, So i suggest that you do what you can with javascript, flash, or any other client side language.

Im also with GE and TSG that personal messages arnt real necessary in a file server because put simply a file server isnt designed for social interaction.

Offline Mars

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
So that we are all right all I am anxious to say that I do not say white in a post and black in the other one.
If I use certain terms in my examples it is to show that what is not possible in a way we can make him(it) of the other one. I believe that I am going to delete(eliminate) the term LANGUAGE of my post for not more create of confusion on my future explanations.

Spending easily more than one hour or two to translate and to re-translate for a long time all that I put you because of my level weakness in English and that in spite of all my attention to avoid against senseI would post mainly my finds here

http://www.rejetto.com/forum/index.php?board=37.0

And you can use this tools as you wish it

Http: // www.reverso.net/

To translate in the language (OUPS! Sorry) of your choice.