rejetto forum

help, friends can't connect, like in the faq.

Guest · 6 · 3817

Anonymous

hey i've searched the forums looking for similar problems w/ hfs, and many people do have the same problem, but i've tried what they do and i can't get mine to work.
i'm running winXP and on a cable modem. this is the only comp on the modem.
ok well as in the faq, i can connect to it myself on my own pc, but when i tell my friends to try, they get the page cannot be displayed error.
-i've checked if i have the winXP firewall enabled, and i don't.
-i've tryed enabling the winXP firewall also w/ it allowing http file servers.
-this comp came out of the box w/ Freedom Firewall. it never use the stupid thing, but it is on the comp and somehow i think it may have some settings in effect.
-when i go to network connections, i can see my connection and i think if it has a firewall enabled, it should have a padlock above it. it does not have a padlock.
-inside the connections properties, it said the connection was using "Zero-Freedom firewall" or sumthing like that. i uninstalled it.

so i'm wondering maybe i have setting inside the hfs program itself set to block freinds or its something else.
Does anyone have any suggestions or solutions to fix my problem?

rdo37@yahoo.com

also i forgot to mention i'm not on a router, just my cable modem hooked up to this 1 comp.

Offline Rafi

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
make sure you give them your correct external IP . if the port# is not 80 - you should tell them also. Firewall is a very probable cause...

Anonymous

thnx for ur reply, well i am giving them the correct ip and the port is 80.  ya i think it is a firewall that i guess is running. i dont know what firewall it is though, is there a way to find out if i have a firewall running?

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
menu -> save options -> delete

this ensures you don't have any option blocking your friend

can you say the address you are using for HFS (you can omit last digits in your IP address, if you want to)

rdo37@yahoo.com