rejetto forum

port forwarding with phone adapter- VOiP

Offline das3958

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
I can not get a connection with my phone adapter connected to the wireless router. HFS works well with it disconnected. I have forwarded so many ports that I'm going crazy! Nothing works with the phone adapter connected. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.
DS

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
you mean: when the voip thing is attached HFS stops working?
what about the self test?

Offline das3958

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
it has never worked with the VOiP connected. self test fails every time. The VOiP is the analog adapter that is connected between my cable modem and the router. Allows phone service via my cable provider. Like Vonage..except I am using Earthlink service.
DS

Offline Blackrider

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Well not sure, but i have also phone with by cabel provider only i also use a router ot forward a port and for my other server. In that router i use portforwarding and everything works fine. maybe it is your dmz server in your modem/router, put it off or check if your firewall doesn ' t fuck around with your connection. Also do not forget to use the right internal IP, because i know people that know exactly waht they are doing but from one moment nothing works anymore, and they forget to see if the ip has been changed.

Good luck, this is all i can say..........

Offline das3958

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
no idea, i guess you should ask the company of your phone adapter