rejetto forum

The official thread of/for Rejetto ideas, to make HFS greater

Offline darkmatter

• Occasional poster
  • GIANT SCRIBBLES!
    • View Profile
    • HFS Live
I c little threads all over that have ideas to make one of the greatest programs ever even cooler.......
This is the official thread for submitting ideas to Rejetto, to make updates and changes.
So if you have an idea that is pushing on the inner wall of your skull... let it out here, and your ideas, might be seen by one of the greatest minds on the internet, and if your lucky, maby your idea will be taken into consideration for the next update
PS. im dieing for the next version.
PSS. there is a reason why you have an account here on "rejetto forum" maby you should submit an idea!
PSSS. ya,  im a computer nerd/power geek

image found at yahoo
so as i leave you all....
~darkmatter

Offline darkmatter

• Occasional poster
  • GIANT SCRIBBLES!
    • View Profile
    • HFS Live
file sound masking!
 so when specific folders are opened, the sound you have preset will play.
and the sound is any  audio file on your computer, and HFS will save the link to the sound file in the VFS,
so instead of me hearing *DOINK* *DOINK* *DOINK* *DOINK* *DOINK* *DOINK* all day
 i can here
*bark* *russle* *meow!*   you know stuff like that
 awsom ness

Offline TSG

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
Um the entire forum is for ideas on the program.... this thread will become enormous if its the only one... ROFL

And some of us have bad internet speeds and limits... so sounds will add to the pain an suffering of our telstra lives, we would need the ability to disable that rofl.

Offline darkmatter

• Occasional poster
  • GIANT SCRIBBLES!
    • View Profile
    • HFS Live
ok i c that people have SH@# computers and internet connections.....( not saying that is any one here)
 but for the people who use this program as a big time tool on there computer... it is important to be aware of what is going on and when it happens with ought opening the program.....
this would help me alott... i have resientally expanded from 3500 connections a day to  any where between 5000 and 8000, depends what day of the week it is...
more people are on the internet  saterday through wednesday.
 i would post my server status.... but that slows down the server
 hay thats an idea!!!!!!!
 allow HFS to have postable server status  on other websites  like now,,,,, but with ought the server lagg and CRASH   
(*arguah  crashhhhhsh*)

Offline Flynsarmy

• Occasional poster
  • DENIED!
    • View Profile
    • Flynsarmy
Darkmatter you could probably already do this using javascript. If you're desperate to
get it put into HFS, the program is open source and you could add it yourself. Afraid
i'm with TSG on this one though, it's a feature that might not get a very wide use and
would do wonders in slowing down a pages load time.

My advice: find some javascript tutorials, it's quite probable you could get it working
that way.

Offline TSG

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
Ye computers arent the issue, but connections are, here in Australia they are ripping us blind of our internet charges, i pay $35 for 512/128k with 12gb limit  >:(, Flynsarmy on the other hand pays $70 for 1500/256k with a 12gb limit. it is such a rip off. and the budget only goes so far. and for decent 20mbit connections u have to be closer to the city.

And ye i think it is possible to do this sound events with javascript, but really its a waste of bandwidth, page load times, and it would also be annoying i think, so personally i wouldnt use this.

And with that postable server status... hmmm another feature i wouldnt use often, but i can see the benefits, because u could post it on forums and stuff... it would have to be a image like the bandwidth graph... but i think posting the server bandwidth graph sumwhere else sends the hfs crazy doesnt it?

Offline darkmatter

• Occasional poster
  • GIANT SCRIBBLES!
    • View Profile
    • HFS Live
im useing this for image hosting... not a website... this is where i host images and post them in fourms

aVa

official? who said that :)?

It will be official when rejetto will open a thread like this. IMHO ^^

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
1000 suggestions can't be made in a single thread.

there is already a place where all things to come are collected: www.rejetto.com/hfs/?f=todo
;)

Offline TCube

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Thank U for your topic Darkmatter ... I’m all go for the idea !

I think it does show how much “daily users” appreciate the collaborative use of HFS and the fora  (*)

Should U modify the title a bit like  : “Idle Gossip of what you'd like this year “

That should stop people complaining about :

-   being “lost in the bush” with internet connection – a place we don’t care much about since most of us are city-dwellers,
-   being too technical,
-   Administrator & Operators saying that’s already into the “To Do List” (**) 

TCube

(*) note : a year ago I did put out a similar post such  : Best Tips of the Year -

(**) honestly Rejetto do U thinK *.mp3 and *.avi streaming would 've make such a big hit ? ... it’s was never into the “to-do” thing.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 12:08:58 PM by TCube »
Make it idiot-proof and I will make a better idiot