rejetto forum

Can't upload on Lubuntu/Pi/WINE

CJ · 23 · 12504

Offline LeoNeeson

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • twitter.com/LeoNeeson
If anything fails, it has to be something related to your router or some intermittent hardware failure (???), or there is something that doesn't play well with Linux. I don't know what else to say, but if anything fails is very strange. I see you didn't tried "Tipsy Puppy", but if you try it, please leave you feedback here (since it worked fine on my side). If you can, try using another router (since that could be the problem). Good luck, and I hope you can solve this problem soon... :-\
HFS in Spanish (HFS en Español) / How to compile HFS (Tutorial)
» Currently taking a break, until HFS v2.4 get his stable version.

Offline CJ

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Thanks Leo.  I will give Tipsy a shot and let you know what happens.  Thanks again for all of your help. 

Offline CJ

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Sorry it's been a little while...

Leo, while I thank you very much for all of the effort and time that you've taken, and Tipsy DOES look promising, I'm just not sure what the problem is and I honestly don't have the time right now to install another distro and try it.  The truth is, I have been just so back-logged with work, it's crazy, and I haven't had a lot of time to devote to this.  :-\ I was hoping that I could just throw WINE onto a spare system and have HFS up and running in a matter of about a half-hour, but alas, with all of the problems that I have had getting everything to work, I don't think that I can give this any more time...at least not for a while.   :(

If everyone else has managed to get HFS to work by just doing that (or even if a little tweaking was needed, that's fine), then I'm happy to hear from you.  I just don't know what I'm doing wrong, then.  Maybe it's just a change in something with the 16.04 Ubuntus...who knows.   :-\  :P

I figured out a way to get it working with SFTP on Windows (and Linux, of course) so it shouldn't be a problem to transfer the files I need over the 'net to get this work done.  Of course, it would have been easier just to use HFS, but sometimes, you just gotta go with what works. 

Anyway, thank you everybody for your time and effort, as always, and if any of you DO figure what bone-headed thing I did to screw this up, please let me know. :o :P Or, if I actually did everything right (and still just couldn't legitimately get this working because of some other crazy thing), and any of you guys wanna take a crack at it and let me know your findings, that would be great, too.  Talk to you all soon!   :)

Offline bmartino1

• Tireless poster
  • I'm only trying to help i mean no offense.
    • View Profile
    • My HFS Google Drive Shared Link
bedise a weird port diplayed in HFS (althoguht it ging to port 80 (it a wine ubuntu thing...)) i'm using HFS no problems ont h e curent ubuntu distro:http://www.ubuntu.com/download/server 16.04 ( i start with server to get the fuill os with out any crap stuff and insatll the gui via cmd...

*always do and apt-gt update and upgrade after a server fresh install is done!* - genarl rule of thumb!

http://wiki.mate-desktop.org/download

you can evein try it out in tehre test server... :p
http://tour.ubuntu.com/en/
Files I have snagged and share can be found on my google drive:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1qb4INX2pzsjmMT06YEIQk9Nv5jMu33tC?usp=sharing

Offline bmartino1

• Tireless poster
  • I'm only trying to help i mean no offense.
    • View Profile
    • My HFS Google Drive Shared Link
If anything fails, it has to be something related to your router or some intermittent hardware failure (???), or there is something that doesn't play well with Linux. I don't know what else to say, but if anything fails is very strange. I see you didn't tried "Tipsy Puppy", but if you try it, please leave you feedback here (since it worked fine on my side). If you can, try using another router (since that could be the problem). Good luck, and I hope you can solve this problem soon... :-\

will look into tipsy puppy:

A mirror will be avialable in half an hour here:
http://puppyisos.org/isos/2009-01-to-06/Tipsy-4.1.3/
user: puppy password: linux
Files I have snagged and share can be found on my google drive:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1qb4INX2pzsjmMT06YEIQk9Nv5jMu33tC?usp=sharing

Offline LeoNeeson

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • twitter.com/LeoNeeson
Leo, while I thank you very much for all of the effort and time that you've taken, and Tipsy DOES look promising, I'm just not sure what the problem is and I honestly don't have the time right now to install another distro and try it.  The truth is, I have been just so back-logged with work, it's crazy, and I haven't had a lot of time to devote to this.  :-\
You welcome. Don't worry, it's OK. We are all busy with very little free time (including myself). The good thing about Tipsy is that's a "Live" distro (I don't know if you understand what this means), but you don't need to install it, to be able to test it. You can use it directly without needing to touch your current Linux installation. It runs entirely on RAM. How it works? You burn the image to a CD (or you copy the ISO to a USB drive using Rufus USB installer or UNetbootin, and follow this guide, but using the Tipsy ISO), then restart your computer with you USB or CD on, go to your BIOS, select "Boot from CD" or "USB" drive, and it will boot the "Live" distro. Feel free to ask about this, if you don't know how a "Live" distro works.

And yes, I understand you want to make it work with your current installed Linux. But, WINE may be very tricky to work correctly, and I don't really have the enough knowledge to help you. You may try asking this question on the "Play On Linux" forum, but before you do that, it will be great if you say them that you have a working WINE version (like the included in Tipsy), so they may help you more easily. On "Play On Linux" they are expert on configuring WINE to make work many apps/games. I would try there if I were you.

Well, keep in touch if you need more help. :)
Cheers,
Leo.-

EDIT: I've found this Vineyard:
"Vineyard is a collection of tools and libraries designed to make managing Windows programs on Linux easier. More specifically, it aims to improve the integration of Wine and the Free Desktop and to make it easier to create programs and tools that integrate with Wine."
I don't know if this is of any help.

A mirror will be avialable in half an hour here:
http://puppyisos.org/isos/2009-01-to-06/Tipsy-4.1.3/
user: puppy password: linux
??? eh?... "half an hour"?... that mirror is permanently there since 2009. ;D :P
So, does Tipsy worked well for you bmartino1?... :)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 10:58:04 AM by LeoNeeson »
HFS in Spanish (HFS en Español) / How to compile HFS (Tutorial)
» Currently taking a break, until HFS v2.4 get his stable version.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
hfs 3 works on linux, but it's just a stub, not a real application yet. Problem is: because of my job i don't have the time to really carry on the project.

Yours is not a permissions problem since it writes some files.

Try uploading with Chrome throttling the speed. Hit F12, click network, "no throttling" > "good 3g" .
HFS isn't able to throttle uploads' speed.

Offline Fysack

• Tireless poster
  • present picture
    • View Profile
    • Admin