rejetto forum

Author Topic: This server is amazing  (Read 2680 times)

Offline AndyWrob

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
This amazing server after using for a few days
« on: March 12, 2017, 10:42:45 PM »
Well, finally after using this superb server for a few days, more or less mastered it, bearing in mind that it only took 10 minutes to get most of the features up and running anyway.
When I think how easy this server is, compared to networking several laptops with the windows networking method, and even more of a nightmare with other servers such as apache and filezilla and many others,
this HFS just beats the lot - and truly mean that.
UPLOADING files is a cinch, (multi uploads no problem too), with options to allow a user to upload files (safer) or anyone to upload files, again other options are to modify or delete etc etc, and if anyone uploads a similar file, the good thing is, this server will not overwrite the old one, instead it will assign a suffix to the end eg samesong.mp3,   samesong2.mp3
So basically, here we have a home networking, world wide networking, ftp, all in one .. and the ability to allow all users to exchange files which are just too large to send via email, a sort of "You send it..." feature.
The ability to add real folders and virtual folders, is very clever indeed, and the ability to add your own .tpl file, for a different homepage (or modify the current one). I am happy with the current default one, very neat, very tidy, and would next like to get into .tpl file editing, which looks a lot harder than your plain html, but thats something for the future.
So overall, if you're fed up with windows home networking (and it really is a pain), and all the other servers which take a lifetime to master, then this HFS server is the true answer, for networking from within your network or thousands of miles away.
That reminds me, I really must make a donation, this is worth every penny.
(would defonately not recommend using port 80, and in windows 10, I think you have to disable the 'world wide web publishing service' to use port 80 anyway), would suggest, [perhaps I am wrong here], but use high values, so the scammers take too long to find you, if ever, eg 56480  (random number here not the one I am actually using), and perhaps even change it now and then, which would mean, perhaps notifying all your users of the port change.  - but this is not important (just my thoughts to be honest) - thanks again - please also keep spreading the word.
(It was actually harder logging into my router to add a new port forwarding rule than to set up this server!!) - wish routers could be as easy as this server.
andy

Follow members gave a thank to your post:

Thank-o-Matic 3.0 By Adk Team