rejetto forum

some problems in beta versions

Offline grayshadesofme

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Since a few beta builds ago, adding files from the command line arguments of the first instance (or the shell context menu) doesn't work anymore.

One more thing: can you change the auto-update part to wait for the old instance to quit (or just wait a few seconds), then overwrite it instead of running a batch file?

The good part: I think that the annoying "Save file system?" on update bug was finally fixed a while ago :).
« Last Edit: November 08, 2008, 06:14:11 PM by grayshadesofme »

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Since a few beta builds ago, adding files from the command line arguments of the first instance (or the shell context menu) doesn't work anymore.

can you see if the problem was introduced in build #208 ?
you should test build 207 and see if it works, then 208 to see if it doesn't work.
thank you.

One more thing: can you change the auto-update part to wait for the old instance to quit (or just wait a few seconds), then overwrite it instead of running a batch file?

i think it's better to spend time on other features.
if Mars or someone else wants to work on it...

The good part: I think that the annoying "Save file system?" on update bug was finally fixed a while ago :).

in build #198 by reading the whatsnew list ;D

Offline grayshadesofme

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
can you see if the problem was introduced in build #208 ?
you should test build 207 and see if it works, then 208 to see if it doesn't work.
thank you.
Yes, 208 broke it. I tried skimming the pages for another report of this but I might have missed it out.

in build #198 by reading the whatsnew list
I remember that one too, but I was referring to another bug, much older: hfs used to ask that question twice, the second time being in the three second "ping" delay.

Regarding the update method: you can at least use the "sleep" command, it's a bit cleaner.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2008, 06:54:43 PM by grayshadesofme »

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Yes, 208 broke it. I tried skimming the pages for another report of this but I might have missed it out.

it works correctly here, anyway, so we must dig some more to find the problem.
try menu -> debug -> temporarily reset options
and see if the "add to hfs" now works.

Offline grayshadesofme

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile

it works correctly here, anyway, so we must dig some more to find the problem.
try menu -> debug -> temporarily reset options
and see if the "add to hfs" now works.

Ahem.. "temporarily reset options" only resets the options temporarily, but adding files works if an instance is already active, so..
I tried resetting options and removing and re-adding the shell menu option, but it still doesn't work.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Can it be you have more than one hfs.exe on your system?
Try removing other versions.

Offline grayshadesofme

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Can it be you have more than one hfs.exe on your system?
Try removing other versions.

No, I only have one. As I told you, running hfs with a file as a command-line argument doesn't work.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile