rejetto forum

VLC Blue 1.4.1a full displayes corrupt

Offline Andre0815

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Hello,

My VLC Blue 1.4.1a is displaying corrupt in pure white and corrupt layout in all 3 browsers.
How to solve that ?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2020, 11:04:09 PM by Andre0815 »

Offline LeoNeeson

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • twitter.com/LeoNeeson
Hi, and welcome to the forum! :) We need more details, like: what HFS version are you using? (I guess you are using v2.4), and where we can download the template you use? (because I didn't found it on the forum). If you use v2.4 I have some news for you: the template slightly changed its format, and to use your v2.3 template you will need to adapt it to the new v2.4 format (more precisely, has changed how users login and the way some errors are handled). If you provide more details (and perhaps if you share the template you use), some other other users here (more experienced than me on template editing) are more likewise to give you a hand on this.
Cheers,
Leo.-
« Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 07:22:06 AM by LeoNeeson »
HFS in Spanish (HFS en Español) / How to compile HFS (Tutorial)
» Currently taking a break, until HFS v2.4 get his stable version.

Offline Andre0815

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Hello,

I used VLC Blue Templeate of Topic http://rejetto.com/forum/index.php?topic=7161.90
The file URL of VLC_Blue_1.4.1a_full.7z is: http://rejetto.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=7161.0;attach=5641

I use 2.3m and want to make VLC running. I tried 2.4 RC06 but it hints a Template Error. Actually I try to prevent editing templates ;)

The VLC Blue is listet under official shared templates site in categiry "Irresistible - VLC Edition" ..
« Last Edit: July 22, 2020, 02:11:41 PM by Andre0815 »

Offline dj

• Tireless poster
  • 👣 🐾
    • View Profile
    • PWAs
The author of this template was 2012 last online.
The support of the Adobe Flash plugin (.swf) is going to end in the year 2020, and that is for all major web browsers.

HFS2.4 adds the mime-types for mp3, mp4 and mkv, so you can play them in the browser.

To play a folder in vlc, open network stream and enter a folder adding /~files.lst.m3u (http://127.0.0.1/audio/~files.lst.m3u)

P.S. https://wiki.videolan.org/Control_VLC_via_a_browser/

Chrome force open link not download (or adding Header Content-Disposition: inline should also do, but don't (possible a bug))
« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 04:38:50 AM by dj »

Offline LeoNeeson

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • twitter.com/LeoNeeson
What DJ said is right. That was an old template. Unless you use a recently updated template (especially made compatible with v2.4), consider every old template listed here, as NOT compatible with the latest v2.4. But also keep in mind that v2.4 is still beta/experimental, so IMHO, it's recommended to stay with the stable v2.3m (until v2.4 goes stable, but then you must adapt that old template or use a modern template designed for v2.4). There is no other option.

I use 2.3m and want to make VLC running. I tried 2.4 RC06 but it hints a Template Error. Actually I try to prevent editing templates ;)
Sadly, if you want to use that template, you must keep using v2.3m. The is no other solution, since v2.4 is 'by default' incompatible with older templates (unless you adapt the old template to the changes introduced on v2.4).

Chrome force open link not download (or adding Header Content-Disposition: inline should also do, but don't (possible a bug))
That's right, if I'm not mistaken, something possibly related was already reported (3 years ago) by Mars here:

Unfortunately since several versions, Rejetto has deleted an extension of the ADD HEADER macro to add an option to an existing header.
...but Mars didn't say in which version that function was removed.

Cheers,
Leo.-
HFS in Spanish (HFS en Español) / How to compile HFS (Tutorial)
» Currently taking a break, until HFS v2.4 get his stable version.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
i'm not sure what Mars was referring to with that.
The 2 headers reported here are overwritten by HFS because the [request] event is executed first.
I think it's good to keep it flexible, so from next release HFS will set those headers only if the user didn't already set them.