rejetto forum

How to select subfolders for archive/download when using a real shared folder

Offline mr-tickle

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
I am sharing several tens of thousands of files and find the virtual folders option takes about 15 minutes to load and generally crashes the computer within a day. So I have to use the real folders option. However I find that I have to allow the archive/download option on folders containing about 100Gbytes each. This proved a real pain when someone tried to archive and download a full 100 Gbyte folder  :o Is there, or will there in the future, be some way to select just the subfolders for the archive/download option when using the real folder option ?

Offline MarkV

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
I guess the archivable option is recursive. You would have to remove the 'archivable' flag for the root directory (activated by default) and set only those subfolders you prefer to 'archivable'.
http://worldipv6launch.org - The world is different now.

Offline mr-tickle

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Thats the point. The root is set to not archive but the subfolders each containing around 100 Gbytes each HAVE to be to use the archive function because HFS shows no + next to the folder icon to open it and set archive options in the smaller subfolders . Real folders cannot be opened to show subfolders. Only virtual folders can be opened to set archive options lower down the branches. Sorry I didn't make my problem clear in the last post

Offline MarkV

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
No that's not possible ATM, at least not until HFS3. rejetto already experimented with a new folder structure which merges the real and virtual folders. Then there will be only one type of folders left and your problem may resolve itself...

See http://www.rejetto.com/forum/index.php?topic=3743.0

http://worldipv6launch.org - The world is different now.

Offline mr-tickle

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
OK I will just have to hope no other idiot tries to make a 100 gig tar archive. Thanks for you time :-)

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
the archive is virtual the amount of resources required for downloading it is the same that for downloading every single file.

Offline maverick

• Tireless poster
  • Computer Solutions
    • View Profile
1.  Right Click the root (/)
2.  Select New Folder and rename to anything you want
3.  Right Click this New Folder you just created and select Add Folder From Disk
4.  Save this folder as either virtual or real
5.  You can have a combination of virtual or real folders under this New Folder
6.  You will have Better archive control
maverick

Offline Foggy

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
1.  Right Click the root (/)
2.  Select New Folder and rename to anything you want
3.  Right Click this New Folder you just created and select Add Folder From Disk
4.  Save this folder as either virtual or real
5.  You can have a combination of virtual or real folders under this New Folder
6.  You will have Better archive control
I use something similar, it makes it real easy to sort files.