version 2.4

rejetto · 474 · 310315

Offline surikat

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile

Offline surikat

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Maybe the problem is in connecting IPv6?
What are these displayed in hfs?
Memory max. hfs takes about 160 MB!
Download speed about 120-180 Mbps
Large file uploads from 700 MB to 4 GB
I use real folders in the program!

Settings :
Speed Limit for Single address : 1800 KB/s
Max Simultaneous  downloads for single address : 2
« Last Edit: October 26, 2019, 09:14:44 PM by surikat »

Offline AlexALSP

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Will we ever see the final version 2.4?  :)

Offline Mars

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Without wanting to appear defeatist, hfs has not evolved directly to https without having to use SSL, another evolution of the web is moving towards ipV6, this will probably be the limit of use for hfs.

Offline Fysack

• Tireless poster
  • present picture
    • View Profile
    • Admin

Offline surikat

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
So, this is going like filling the bathtub, whereby 100 megabits = 1 faucet or gigabit = 10 faucets simultaneously and a flooding problem.  For connection speeds like that, HFS needs changed to schedule dealing with the data, pro-rata higher than accumulating it.

Instead of waiting for an update, I suggest that you buy the cheapest USB to 100 megabit Ethernet adapter from ebay, for $2.  So, just fix the ip address, aim HFS at it; and if you continue to have trouble, try (ethernet adapter settings of windows) set it to a lower speed.  Given the added adapter, you won't have to slow down your whole server; however, it will take another Ethernet cable.

Alternatively, you could try OpenMediaVault, which is a Linux-based operating system for x86 and many of the little ARM systems.  Or, for Windows, some FTP servers can do heavy duty workloads.

I Disabled the speed limit for single ip. And generally turn off the speed limit.

Set only Maximum simultaneous downloads for single address: 2

The program has stopped freezing!  Hallelujah!!!  This all happens to cause a speed limit.  Now everything is clear!

I will not have to limit the speed otherwise it will freeze.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2020, 04:08:50 PM by surikat »

Offline surikat

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Without wanting to appear defeatist, hfs has not evolved directly to https without having to use SSL, another evolution of the web is moving towards ipV6, this will probably be the limit of use for hfs.

I have never displayed in the ip address bar  ipV6 ?  Are these ip addresses somehow replaced by simple ipV4 ?   :o

Offline Fysack

• Tireless poster
  • present picture
    • View Profile
    • Admin

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
impossible to understand why, but with the last template under firefox on my desktop computer it became impossible to select an item from the check boxes without this having the same effect as clicking directly on the item, as if it were just a picture that changes its appearance

thanks for reporting. I can workaround this problem by replacing this line
.change(selectionChanged)

with this line
.click(ev=>{ setTimeout(()=>{ ev.target.checked ^= 1; selectionChanged() }); return false })

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
someone else already answered your first question

2.   The server I'm trying to download from contains a "check mark" character in all the filenames (somefile √.mkv) alt-251 ...... the files are listed and appear to be downloadable, but when you attempt to download them it says there are no files to download?    I don't believe the owner of the files wants to remove/change all the check marks .... can HFS be changed to allow the files with special characters to be downloaded?

i'm sorry but i fear that for the moment this kind of filenames will just not be supported. :(
It will take a long work to make it

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Is is possible to automatically log in a certain user from a fixed ip address?

something similar.
easy version: add in hfs the same folder twice, published with different names, A and B. You should protect A with password/account, and just hide folder B. Give the address of B only to trusted people, so they don't have to use a password.

complex version: B should contain a "diff template" that will block access from unwanted IP addresses, by using scripting commands.

Is it possible to set max number of connections limit, which is Not applied to browsing (no limit on file listing)?

menu > limits > max simultaneous downloads from single address

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Right click the tray icon and choose Switch ON, actually switches off
Page load while downloading a big file fast, also switches off   :o (needs watchdog feature added)

I fixed the inverted "switch", thanks.
If you are a programmare you may consider making a simple watchdog using events (menu > edit events scripts)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 11:13:50 PM by rejetto »