rejetto forum

This page can’t be displayed

Offline DigitaLWizarD

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Hi, first of all, sorry for my poor english.

I use HFS for many years and it always runs well, but since I update to version 2.3f sometimes my page gets off-line with the message "This page can’t be displayed".

This happens many times per day - the page is onlyne for a while and then, 5 minutes after, it gets "This page can’t be displayed", but few minutes after it stay online again...

I tryed a lot of settings and nothing help me.

Please, does anyone could give me a clue about what's wrong? I use template Terayon 1.3.4.

Thanks in advance!  :(   
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 11:08:09 PM by DigitaLWizarD »

Offline bmartino1

• Tireless poster
  • I'm only trying to help i mean no offense.
    • View Profile
    • My HFS Google Drive Shared Link
i'm not familiar with that template
"Terayon 1.3.4"

If you are getting can't be disbplayed, i think the file it is looking for is no longer avalbe

You are viewing a "cashed copy"

Did you HFS folder become moved in any other way?
Did any files of that template get changed or moved?

Did you back the "VFS" for hfs?
Files I have snagged and share can be found on my google drive:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1qb4INX2pzsjmMT06YEIQk9Nv5jMu33tC?usp=sharing

Offline DigitaLWizarD

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Thanks for fast reply!

All files are there, no problem with them... It happens with any page, with ou without files in it.

It's not a cashed copy because sometimes the site is online and people can download my files very well, but after some minutes, even without any downloading, the page gets "off"...

Did you HFS folder become moved in any other way? - no!
Did any files of that template get changed or moved? - no!

Did you back the "VFS" for hfs? - what??? what did you mean?

Offline MarkV

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
@bmartino1: Terayon is a "RAWR Designs" Template. Obviously, rejetto and TSG would be the right people to speak to.
http://www.rejetto.com/forum/rawr-designs/latest-releases/

@DigitaLWizarD: The VFS (Virtual File System) is the tree of resources people can access. It is stored as a *.vfs file. It can become corrupted so you were asked if you have a backup.
http://worldipv6launch.org - The world is different now.

Offline DigitaLWizarD

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
ah, ok, thanks.
And, no, the virtual file is not corrupted. The tree is ok and there is not wrong there...

My page was online 3 minutes ago and now, again, is off-line... "This page can’t be displayed"...

I can't understand what's wrong... My server runs on a PC with a very good connection - optical fiber...

Offline MarkV

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Do you see anything logged, server-side, when the side appears to be offline? Could be a firewall blocking so the client doesn't even make it to the server.

Offline DigitaLWizarD

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Thanks a lot for replies!!!

My PC-Server is on my Office and I'm in home now. Tomorrow I will check that and other tips you all gave me and then I'll leave a feedback here, for future queries.

Offline DigitaLWizarD

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Well... there is nothing wrong with my server and I'm still getting that message...

I really don't understand what could be doing that... The 'self test' is ok, the firewall is correctly configurated, etc...
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 05:31:57 PM by DigitaLWizarD »

Offline bmartino1

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
some firewalls require "ping" to be enabled to the machine hosting a service.
What is your firewal brand / make?

Netgear / monoprice / etc....

Does your firewall log ip connections? if so it might be a firewall port forwarding issue
some where down the line that your HFS Machine connects is hiting a network device that for some reason is not allowing traffic.

what is your network setup layout

HFS machine > Port to wall ? switch 1 etc.. > Firewall > ISP (internet)

Can you check to see if a device that your HFS machine is connected to that might be causing the issue?

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1qb4INX2pzsjmMT06YEIQk9Nv5jMu33tC?usp=sharing

Offline DigitaLWizarD

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
bmartino1, thank you for reply! It's really useful!

I use the default Windows Firewall. I'll check all you said and when I've got a solid conclusion I'll be back.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 10:12:59 PM by DigitaLWizarD »

Offline DigitaLWizarD

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
I believe I found a very strange solution. Weird, indeed!

I'm now on a different computer than may server - HFS is in my office and I'm now in my house.

I opened an instance of browser logged at my HFS site and I let that instance minimized.

Everytime when I open another instance of the browser and I try to access my site, it opens easily and then I spend no more difficulties accessing it - I no longer picked up the message "This page can not be displayed"...

Does anyone have an explanation for that very weird behavior???  :o

Also, when I am in my server and uncheck the feature "browse in localhost', my site won't open in the no-ip address... Why this happen? Should I open my site always in localhost when I am in the same machine of HFS?

I'm faraway from my server now, so should I uncheck those features "Prevent system standby on network activity" and "Send HFS identifier"?  ???

« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 01:22:58 PM by DigitaLWizarD »

Offline bmartino1

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
OK, it sounds like your HFS machine is going to "Sleep",

when a machine ruining a service goes to sleep, no traffic is sent or received form that machine.
This would cause the no page found error.

http://superuser.com/questions/532993/why-wont-my-computer-go-to-sleep-automatically

there are many setting within windows to "force sleep", the machine that runs HFS must have sleep disabled
---------------------
As for your setting: (uncheck the feature "browse in localhost')

If unchecking that cause and issue, then recheck it to make sure it continues to work. I'm not 100% sure of what you unchecked to cause that issue.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 05:04:15 PM by bmartino1 »

Offline MarkV

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Also, some Network Cards and WiFi equipment might go into a "link down power save" mode after being idle.

Next possibility: The router at the server side does hang up the Internet connection after being idle for xx minutes. Note that, in case that happens, only connection attempts from the inside will cause the router to re-dial, connections from the outside will be dropped instead.

Offline DigitaLWizarD

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Thank you very much, guys! I'm going to check all of this and I'll feedback here as soon as possible.

Offline DigitaLWizarD

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
First, I went back for consideration to this forum and, above all, to thank.

So, I changed several settings in Windows 10, but I believe the fact that I have created a High Performance Plan in the Power Options must have contributed effectively to solve my problem.

Also, I did some configurations in Windows Firewall: I did rules for "Domain", "Private" and "Public" profiles.

I did a lot of minor configurations too (I don't remember well all of them...), but, anyway, I still think that the High Performance Plan, above-mentioned, was decisive.

No more "This page can’t be displayed "!

Thank you all for this amazing free (!!!) software and this very helpful fórum!

All my respect to you!  :)