rejetto forum

Feature Requests

Offline Flynsarmy

• Occasional poster
  • DENIED!
    • View Profile
    • Flynsarmy
Would it be possible to add a 'Don't log download' button next to the 'Don't count as download'
button in the right click menu of each file? This would be really helpful for files such as the ToG
mp3 player which currently gets x number of download request + x number of download complete
log lines per page on load where x is the number of mp3 files on that page. It gets pretty spammy
when you have upwards of 30 mp3 files on the same page.

Also, a 'show files in single folder' button on real right click menu that adds all the folders' subfolders'
files to your real folders' file list. For example:

Real folder 'files' has 'mp3s' and 'pics' subfolders as well as its own files. The 'show files in single folder'
button would add all the files in the 'mp3s' and 'pics' folders to the 'files' folder and remove those folders
from the list. It would look as if all the files were in the same folder.

Another option would be to add a flag that could be called like the sorting by name, date etc that HFS
already has, that would allow a page viewer to show all the files in the folder they are currently viewing
in a single folder. It would be a real time saver for users who do not want to rifle through many subfolders
looking for files.

One last request, coloured syntax in the template editor! Like the coloured syntax Dreamweaver and other
HTML editors have.

That's all I can think of atm, I'll be sure to bug you again if anything else comes up :P

Offline Flynsarmy

• Occasional poster
  • DENIED!
    • View Profile
    • Flynsarmy
An example of exactly what i mean:

When a file is requested/downloaded, you get these messages:
10:17:37 PM echo@127.0.0.1:4590 Requested GET /mp3player.swf?song=Dirt Unit-None-Where's My Cheese.mp3
10:17:37 PM echo@127.0.0.1:4590 Fully downloaded - 1.19 KB @ 38 KB/s - /mp3player.swf?song=Dirt Unit-None-Where's My Cheese.mp3

My request is for an item in the right click menu of both files and folders called 'Don't log downloads' which would stop
these log messages appearing in the log buffer. The item for files would stop all files within that folder tree from being
logged.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
"don't log" accepted

"single folder", try adding "?recursive" to the url, you'll see something interesting. if you are the only one interested it may be not wise to add it as a visible option, it should be inquired the interest around it.

colours in editor were already added but removed because the new editor had no word-wrap. i found no good editor component to have both features.

Offline Flynsarmy

• Occasional poster
  • DENIED!
    • View Profile
    • Flynsarmy
Would it not be more beneficial to have an editor with coloured HTML/HFS syntax rather than
an editor with wordwrap? I can't speak for others, and i'm not sure how many ppl actually USE
the wordwrap feature, but when I code HTML i usually turn wordwrap off anyway because it's
too annoying to figure out which are real lines and which are just continuations of the previous
one.

Coloured syntax also speeds up development because elements are easier to see and it's easier
to spot errors such as not closing a bracket.

Just my opinion

Offline ledufe

• Tireless poster
  • LEandro DUpont FErreira
    • View Profile
    • http://ledufe.no-ip.info:2222
i agree, some times i just copy and past from hfs to pspad to understand "better" the code, and then past it back on the hfs editor, and my wordwrap is disable too....
<<LeDuFe>>

Offline day

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile

"single folder", try adding "?recursive" to the url, you'll see something interesting. if you are the only one interested it may be not wise to add it as a visible option, it should be inquired the interest around it.

Actually,
I have hfs.exe 100% CPU loaded when i try that with recursive listing enabled.
the same situation also occurs when i go to http://..../~files.lst?recursive.

I tried both IE7 and Firefox 2 so it should not be the problem of the broswer...
Maybe it's the problem of my CPU? it's Pentium 4 3.2GHz

Offline Flynsarmy

• Occasional poster
  • DENIED!
    • View Profile
    • Flynsarmy
That 100% CPU is possibly due to you having such a large number of files being called by HFS.
If a person called the same page recursively from an external source, neither you, nor they will
have 100% CPU usage.

Also, on a side note, I tried loading over 4000 mp3 files recursively using the ToG template that
Ledufe, TSG and I have been working on. I did this in Firefox. Firefox's RAM usage was steadily
climbing for quite a few minutes. Eventually it reached 2gigs of RAM and i had to close it or face
running out of memory and the page file being used causing a system slowdown. The cause of
the problem was the 1.3kb mp3 player that's loaded for every mp3 file. Loaded the same page
again with the mp3 player disabled and the page loaded with only a few secs of 100% CPU
usage and a few hundred megs worth of ram.

While i'm posting, i may aswell make another request for the template editor. Could proper
search/replace functions please be added? Multiline ones, like dreamweaver has.

Thanks Rejetto!

Offline darkmatter

• Occasional poster
  • GIANT SCRIBBLES!
    • View Profile
    • HFS Live
sounds cool and kinda  ,,,, ok,,,, i dono why you would need it... but what ever....
 i would like to have it just to make the program cooler!!!!

Offline TSG

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
Coloured text in the editor like dreamweaver or firefox view source style will rock the pants off the template editor, i use the word wrap occasionally when i get annoyed with scrolling horizontally, its a cool feature, and so will coloured code pieces with the html editor !!!

It is actually the only thing that i can see that makes it a little bit unusable at times, i personally can identify the code easily in b/w cause im no newbie to web programming, but i can see a definite benifit to noobies, it helped me to learn how to code html, css :D OH and a search and replace feature will be SOO awesome especially when changing class names and stuff.

8)

Offline maverick

• Tireless poster
  • Computer Solutions
    • View Profile

Editor color text decorations has been discussed and tried before.  Do a search.  Word wrap is an important feature for anyone with large customized templates.  Without it, I would have to horizontally change to another screen to see all of the code.  Makes it very difficult to edit or look for coding errors.  IMHO word wrap is a much more important feature than looking at color decorations.  Word wrap enabled is a default setting for many.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2007, 09:36:48 AM by maverick »
maverick

Offline TSG

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
BUT WORD WRAP IS ALREADY THERE, why not have both rofl, just like in the dreamweaver editor! INO that this has been discussed before, but its a feature that i think would benefit the editing using only hfs greatly.  ;) What idiot said word wrap was unnecessary? its an awesome feature for the exact reasons maverick said! OH and if the html had coloured syntax, it makes it easier to recognise the code errors.

Hope we find an editor with both :D
« Last Edit: January 11, 2007, 11:50:55 AM by That_Stevens_Guy »

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
i just said
i found no good editor component to have both features.