rejetto forum

Recent Posts

HFS ~ HTTP File Server / Re: reCAPTCHA for hfs?
« Last post by LeoNeeson on October 26, 2023, 06:28:45 AM »
I'm using my ftp via subdomain, like ftp.mydomain.com ... but it can be open by my IP adress to? Can you tell me how can i forbid my ftp to be open by my IP, only by my subdomain? thanks.
What FTP server are you using?...
You have to configure this on your FTP server (in case they offer that option). This has nothing to do with HFS. If this were about HFS, I would recommend using Nginx as 'transparent proxy' to intercept connections between clients and the server (to block direct 'IP access', and allow 'Hostname' access). But Nginx doesn't support proxying to FTP servers, so you could try routing your FTP server through STunnel (on Windows), or HAProxy (on Linux). HAProxy can be run on Windows with a special Cygwin build (but all this it's untested by me). Sadly, that's all I can help you (configuration of all this is complex, and you need to know what you are doing, since requires some networking knowledge).
Hope it helps,
Leo.-
« Last post by qnkov on October 25, 2023, 09:10:48 PM »

I'm using my ftp via subdomain, like ftp.mydomain.com ... but it can be open by my IP adress to? Can you tell me how can i forbid my ftp to be open by my IP, only by my subdomain? thanks.
rejetto-crafted software / Tsunami of Fysack's messages has passed
« Last post by LeoNeeson on October 25, 2023, 04:46:35 AM »
Why shouldn't you wake a sleeping cat?
Cats who are deprived of these stages of sleep can become lethargic or irritable, it is therefore better to avoid waking them up as much as possible

and I must say that taking care of an awakened Fysack is not easy  ;D ;D ;D
:P You were right, it was a mess yesterday, when we had another Fysack ‘tsunami’ (it happened on 23-10-2023, and it lasted 4 hours: between 20:26 to 00:20 UTC, approx). It has been a long time since the last tsunami on 2017. I could imagine the ‘cleaning’ (the next day) was not fun for the moderator (although it seems Fysack had a lot of fun, posting those crazy messages).

@Fysack: your 46 messages were saved in a special place (very hidden in the forum ), so, don't worry if you don't see them (they were read). Thanks for visiting us...
HFS ~ HTTP File Server / Re: blocking ip-addresses by country
« Last post by LeoNeeson on October 23, 2023, 02:38:05 AM »
and I wanted to find out if I am blocking the ip address ranges correctly, for example 192.168.1.10-192.168.1.50?
Yes, you are doing right. Use a semicolon ; to specify several IP ranges. To avoid any confusion (from my previous comments) if you put a backslash \ before the IP range, that IP range will be excluded from the 'IP Banning'. In the Wiki this is explained.
« Last post by ALEX on October 22, 2023, 12:45:08 PM »
and I wanted to find out if I am blocking the ip address ranges correctly, for example 192.168.1.10-192.168.1.50?
« Last post by ALEX on October 22, 2023, 12:43:21 PM »
yes, I use it on a vps, I'm afraid this option does not help because every time the ip address is updated.
But I'll try.
Thanks Leo
« Last post by rejetto on October 21, 2023, 08:52:13 PM »
surely there is a way to do that, but i have no recipe.
i'm not sure if also cloudflare can help you with that.
one thing that can stop a lot of unwanted traffic (and i use it) is to have a domain (even a free dynamic dns service), and then stop requests that are done with just the ip.
HFS ~ HTTP File Server / reCAPTCHA for hfs?
« Last post by qnkov on October 21, 2023, 06:12:23 PM »
Hi guys, i have friend with HFS, but he complains  about alot of bots spamming there. Is there a way to add those auto recaptcha, when you open the page, to be checked? Or something which u need to click so you can view the site? Does it work on HFS servers?
rejetto-crafted software / Re: refresh network list
« Last post by Fysack on October 17, 2023, 10:34:28 PM »
hehe, long hair my man
« Last post by LeoNeeson on October 16, 2023, 09:52:46 AM »
Thanks Leo
I configured both options, monitored them for several days, and the attacks became much smaller, but unfortunately peerblock greatly affects performance
I guess you are running HFS on a VPS, where resources are shared and limited (I do understand). Have you tried using HFS's banning option ONLY, without PeerBlock? (instead of running both options). Perhaps you don't need PeerBlock, if you add (in HFS) the IP ranges that attack your website.

You can configure this, by going to HFS's Menu > Limits > Bans... (it will open a window where you have to enter the IP ranges). Remember to check 'Disconnect with no reply'. Before doing this, please take a look HERE to know how to configure an IP range to be excluded (remember to put a backslash \ before the IP range)..
Try using this ONLY (without PeerBlock).