rejetto forum

I Cannot Connect To My HFS Server from another Computer...

Offline carmello2003

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
I am have some of the same problems. I am using DynDNS.com Host Services along with HFS. When I go to it from HFS into my browser I can only see the files on the computer I am using which I really don't need they are in my computer I am using. I tried one of the different computers and the same problem They can only see the files in that computer. Any help would be appreciated
    Carmello

Offline bacter

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Welcome Carmello

I am have some of the same problems

I'm sure you have quite different problem, otherwise you would have found in some of the answers and comments in this thread a solution for your problem  ;)

What does the self-test of hfs say ? (menu -> selftest)

You can also take a look to http://www.rejetto.com/wiki/index.php/First_time_configuration
your computer has no brain - use your own !

Offline carmello2003

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
test says everything is working fine. I was told to put in my dyndns.org in the address bar. Whatever I put in the same files come up.  It doesn't matter what IP address I put in I can't figure it out

Offline carmello2003

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
OK I read all the threads I flushed my IPs and stuff my test came out ok but once again no mater what I type in the address box the files from my own computer come up not the other computers. I do assume that I can load HFS on more than 1 computer as long as I have registered them on dyndns. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?
   Thanks for your time
         Carmello

Offline bacter

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Carmello2003:

Hfs is a web-(file)-server. you only need to install it only on one computer. This computer, if inside a lan, has an address of: localhost:port = 127.0.0.1:port  (locally) and 192.168.xx.yy:port or  yourcomputernetworkname:port (inside your lan) and the external ip (for example 69.204.mm.nn:port) to access your server from internet.

':port' must be the port you specify in hfs, except if you use the standard web-port 80, then you need not to specify anything.

Your extenal ip is this one that is used tu update the address related to your domainname of your dyndns account (for example carmello.dyndns.org)

As the selftest of your server works, the only problem is that you don't type the right address when trying to access your server.  Use (adding the port if it's not 80):
 - localhost or 127.0.0.1 or 192.168.xx.yy or yourcomputernetworkname on the pc where the server runs.
 - 192.168.xx.yy or yourcomputernetworkname on the other pc's of your lan
 - 69.204.mm.nn or carmello.dyndns.org(what your domainname is!) to access it from the internet.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 07:15:55 AM by bacter »
your computer has no brain - use your own !