Software > router & port problems

HFS stopped working after move

(1/3) > >>

wallywalters:
We just moved to a new house across town and setup our computers in exactly the same configuration we had them in at the old place -- same router, same network, different ISP -- and now HFS doesn't work.  In other words, the ports are still forwarded exactly as before, but now HFS fails the self-test.  What am I missing?

bmartino1:
"different ISP" ... most likely, your ISP is blocking your outgoing port. try changing the port in the router and on HFS.

wallywalters:
I've done that -- switching the ports (and forwarding) to 8080 and then 9090 -- but the self-test keeps testing -- and failing on -- other ports I haven't specified, including ports 80, 1000, 7000, 8000.  I'm stumped.

rejetto:
hi wally,
i just tried to access your IP (i can see it as i'm administrator on the forum) and it worked on port 80, so i guess that you solved your problem.

Consider that self-test is currently giving some false-negatives. (but never false-positives)

bmartino1:

Wally, try the checklist:
http://www.rejetto.com/forum/router-port-problems/some-router-info-for-newbies-or-not-so-newbies/msg1059916/#msg1059916

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version